• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross ??

SKULL

Fair amount of age in the top tackles they list. You'd have to pair it with the strength of the draft class to get a full read.

If we were to lose Gross, it looks like the best we could get from free agency might be a one year fill in and then address it next season.

Fair amount of age in the top tackles they list. You'd have to pair it with the strength of the draft class to get a full read.

If we were to lose Gross, it looks like the best we could get from free agency might be a one year fill in and then address it next season.

Tackle is the deepest position in this draft, skill wise imo. There are 3 ot projected in the top 10 in the draft and another 4 - 5 that could go in the first round alone, with another 2 worth getting in round 2

The clock is ticking loudly on Jordan. The Panthers can Franchise a player between feb 5th and the 19th. Resolution must come soon.

I started another thread on this earlier. and posted this:

Let's not forget Jordan Gross is in the exact same position as Julius Peppers is. An URFA who could be Franchise tagged and indeed was last year by the Panthers. I don't recall any announcements from Gross at the end of the season in 2007 that he was stomping his feet and leaving. Just came to work this year and did his job.

It would not surprise me at all if he signs a contract early and allows the Panthers to Franchise and trade you know who.

Kudos to Jordan for doing his business in a classy manner (so far). :thumbsup:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/6301-jordan-gross-better-panther.html

I think Marty Hurney needs his ass kicked for letting the team get caught in this position. It is rediculous that they have two of the teams best players as UFAs. If they lose either one with no compensation I think Hurney should be the next one to go.

I woulldn't be surprised if Gross wants to be here more than he did last year. The O-line has improved significantly and he may want to be part of something special. If the money and terms are right, I expect that playing for a good line and offense may sway him to stay.

Don't have any insider info but it makes sense that this has been his best year and he owes part of it to Davidson and the offense. There is no guarantee he would do better elsewhere.

i'm pretty sure gross wants to stay and knows we are going to give him his money, im sure he's well aware of the peppers situation and is willing to give us time to work out a deal. remember he wants a ring even more badly then we do, he wants quality compensation for a great player leaving too.. hes not stupid.

I have no doubt that the Panthers will do everything imaginable to resign Gross. Yes, he will get a massive, NFL top-tiered contract. But he is the anchor of the offensive line and has been proven to be a healthy starter since he arrived. Can you ask for more in an offensive lineman? Nope.

Archived