• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN First Take

Ruff

Said speculation is that we will take Luck. Clausen was terrible this year. Luck might not come out, would be very similar to 1997 when the Jets had the 1st pick and Peyton Manning didn't come out. Changed destiny for two franchises.

This is really the most important question for Luck, if he really has a decision to make. The big question is who will get the #1 pick in 2012. Would he rather play for them, or the Panthers. Assuming there is a season, a lockout throws a big monkey wrench in everything, the likely candidates for #1 overall in 2012 are the Browns and Bills with honorable mention going to the Cardinals and maybe the Bengals and Raiders. Are there any teams on that list whom you'd rather play for than the Panthers? All perennial losers, repeatedly picking in the top 10.

From my point of view, it's a no brainer anyway. He's white hot. His stock won't get any higher by staying another year. He only risks losing. But if he's considering staying at Stanford, who would you rather play for? Given the options, I'd probably still chose to come out now and play for the Panthers.

I say we all start eating Bojangles biscuits so he will have the cash to pay him!

I have done more than my share of consuming cajun filet biscuits, seasoned fries, and teh sweet tea for eons. I have given to thee, Jerry, now giveth back.

The free chic fil a gravy train will leave sooner rather than later. Might as well take one for the team and get the Bo for lunch and dinner today. We need money for Luck, good HC, and sweet ass free agents.

*sigh* sign me up for a dozen bo berry biscuits and a family meal

Plz elaborate, and PM me on how to get on board this cholesterol train.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-lounge/53725-free-spicy-chicken-biscuits.html#post2885189

The biggest difference between the Manning/Tennessee situation and the Luck/Stanford situation is that, at the time, Tennesse was in the mix for a national championship every year and they were reloading and not rebuilding, so by staying, Manning thought they could possibly win a national championship (and they did the year he left, as someone already mentioned). What Stanford did this year was great, but reality is that it won't be duplicated and, with what they're losing, it's doubtful that they would be in the national championship picture.

This is really the most important question for Luck, if he really has a decision to make. The big question is who will get the #1 pick in 2012. Would he rather play for them, or the Panthers. Assuming there is a season, a lockout throws a big monkey wrench in everything, the likely candidates for #1 overall in 2012 are the Browns and Bills with honorable mention going to the Cardinals and maybe the Bengals and Raiders. Are there any teams on that list whom you'd rather play for than the Panthers? All perennial losers, repeatedly picking in the top 10.

From my point of view, it's a no brainer anyway. He's white hot. His stock won't get any higher by staying another year. He only risks losing. But if he's considering staying at Stanford, who would you rather play for? Given the options, I'd probably still chose to come out now and play for the Panthers.

Bronco's should also be in discussion with new coach and perhaps The Golden Calf of Bristol at helm. Plus he likes playing for Cardinals

there's was also a segment with kordell stewart ranking the coaching vacancies. Shocker - he put carolina at the bottom. Called smitty "steven smith" and said we need to shed high salary players in the rebuilding process, which will undoubtedly take at least 2 years.

what high salaries!!!!!

Bronco's should also be in discussion with new coach and perhaps The Golden Calf of Bristol at helm. Plus he likes playing for Cardinals

i cant see Denver getting the top pick yet, what if The Golden Calf of Bristol shocks everyone and is good???? to me the team who gets the top pick in 2012 is either Arizona (if they dont find a QB) or Cincinatti (if Palmer struggles again), or the Bills.

There's was also a segment with Kordell Stewart ranking the coaching vacancies. Shocker - he put Carolina at the bottom. Called Smitty "Steven Smith" and said we need to shed high salary players in the rebuilding process, which will undoubtedly take at least 2 years.

I about blew a gasket when he said we had a lot of high salary players to get rid of.. perfect example of the media being totally unaccountable to their word..

Archived