• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

refs gave that game to pittsburgh

merchman567

Dude, my post already told you. His forearm/wrist was what actually propelled the ball forward.

I guess that HD really does make a difference.

sure does. It's even more clear on the 52" Sony Bravia 1080p I was watching it on through Brighthouse Networks HDTV cable I was watching it on in my living room last night.

It was not a fumble. A loose ball would not have flung forward. Obviously one would have to have a grip on the ball to flig it forward, especially when someone else's hand is on it.

Before I post this I will say I was pulling for Pittsburg.

I do think the refs affected the outcome of this game. There were a couple of close calls and Arizona did have to challenge and win 2 calls.

Harrison should have been ejected. There is no place in the game for what he did. The guy was on the ground, wasn't getting up and was out of the play. It was Harrison being an ass, plain and simple and he should have been gone. What would have happened if he didn't play the rest of the game.

The face mask call. I was watching it again on ESPN this morning and they were showing the facemask call. Ironically, the Pittsburg receiver had a clear hold on the defenders facemask in the replay. Not saying the DB didn't either, but the play should have cancelled out.

The roughing the passer call. If the refs had been watching the game that night, they would have seen that you have to drill ben to get him down. You have to run through him or he gets away and makes the play.

During the runback for the TD, at about the 20 yard line you see a cardinal go flying without being close to Harrison, but about to cut him off. Block in the back, obvious, but no call.

The fumble. Come on, review it. I reviewed it about 6 or 7 times and to me, it look like the ball shifted in his hand but his arm was moving foward when it came out. The refs would have had better reviews than me.

All that said, Arizona committed way too many penalties. I'm suprised they were there in the end to do anything. However, to say that the refs called a perfect game is ludicrous. Pittsburg had help. After their last 2 Super Bowl wins, I think it is safe to say they always will.

Homo Holmes should have been called for a personal foul after the touchdown catch for his gay celebration. 15 yard penalty should have been enforced on the kickoff. Harrison should have been kicked out. The last Cardinal play was not a fumble.

Ah, when all else fails, resort to homophobic insults! So you're what, 16?

I do think the refs affected the outcome of this game. There were a couple of close calls and Arizona did have to challenge and win 2 calls.

And this is something new, how?

Harrison should have been ejected. There is no place in the game for what he did. The guy was on the ground, wasn't getting up and was out of the play. It was Harrison being an ass, plain and simple and he should have been gone. What would have happened if he didn't play the rest of the game.

Take off your skirt, Alice. Ejected for that???

The face mask call. I was watching it again on ESPN this morning and they were showing the facemask call. Ironically, the Pittsburg receiver had a clear hold on the defenders facemask in the replay. Not saying the DB didn't either, but the play should have cancelled out.

Fact of the matter is offensive players are and always have been allowed to stiff arm the facemask to keep a defender away. The defender is not allowed to engage the offensive players facemask in an attempt to make a tackle

The roughing the passer call. If the refs had been watching the game that night, they would have seen that you have to drill ben to get him down. You have to run through him or he gets away and makes the play.

That doesn't change the illegality of the hit and is irrelevent. Just because a guy is tough to bring down doesn't give the defense the freedom to level him after he's thrown the ball.

During the runback for the TD, at about the 20 yard line you see a cardinal go flying without being close to Harrison, but about to cut him off. Block in the back, obvious, but no call.

You're calling it because a guy "goes flying." But you don't see anyone actually hit him in the back?

The fumble. Come on, review it. I reviewed it about 6 or 7 times and to me, it look like the ball shifted in his hand but his arm was moving foward when it came out. The refs would have had better reviews than me.

I agree it should have been reviewed, but that doesn't come from the refs on the field. That comes from the booth.

All that said, Arizona committed way too many penalties. I'm suprised they were there in the end to do anything. However, to say that the refs called a perfect game is ludicrous. Pittsburg had help. After their last 2 Super Bowl wins, I think it is safe to say they always will.

I don't think anyone has said the refs called a perfect game...

Ah, when all else fails, resort to homophobic insults! So you're what, 16?

Speaking of 16 year-olds, that sounds exactly like what the nerd who took regular beatings and got 15 wedgies a day would say to his tormenters. Trying to insult someone by calling them "immature" is about the lamest, gayest insult anyone can come up with. But I'm sure you are very proud of yourself.

Speaking of 16 year-olds, that sounds exactly like what the nerd who took regular beatings and got 15 wedgies a day would say to his tormenters. Trying to insult someone by calling them "immature" is about the lamest, gayest insult anyone can come up with. But I'm sure you are very proud of yourself.

Watch out, everyone, he's e-thugging!

Just for the record, if u have t-vo or sumthin slow the play down ur self, it seems as though holmes never got 2 feet down. that other foot was on the foot that was on the ground and it never touched the ground until he got out of bounds. Good game for the steelers to put themselves in that opportunity but yeah i think the cards were robbed

Just for the record, if u have t-vo or sumthin slow the play down ur self, it seems as though holmes never got 2 feet down. that other foot was on the foot that was on the ground and it never touched the ground until he got out of bounds. Good game for the steelers to put themselves in that opportunity but yeah i think the cards were robbed

I said that on that play as it happened.

but, they showed an angle from behind that showed his toe touch the ground. unless you can put light in there show'n me wrong.. that ONE angle showed me he was down with 2 toes.

BUT, that INT return for a TD I could have swore the rule was "Any part of the runner other than his hands or feet touches the ground." to be downed... and the guys whole for arm was on the grass... and the ball was not over the line or touching it at that time.

Oh well. games over now. but At that point (the INT return) I actually picked a side, and went with the birds.

Sorry to disagree, but the catch was a catch in slomo as well as real time. The toes were down when he caught the ball---one foot behind the other---and once he obviously had control of the ball, both toes were side by side on the ground.

Archived