• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Fairley=Sapp & Green=Andre J who then??

trucpfan

I'm just wondering if Fairley pans out to be like Sapp and Green pans out to be the equvalient to Randy Moss as we are now who would people want us to pick. Im not talking about this guy could be a bust or that guy might not blah blah at their best who should we go after for our current team???

depends.. our defense was 12th overall while on the field longer than any other defense (close enough to make that statement)

since we had no spectacular DT's then, and there are more FA DT's by far compared to WR FAs... why wouldn't you take Green?

and FFS, we don't need to trade Smitty unless we are offered a 2nd.. or two 3rds.. (it makes no sense to take away talent from an already bad offense)

Pick up Orton and we have a QB for next couple years until we address the issue..

BTW, Johnson has never played in a playoff game, while Sapp has won a Superbowl.

how is that relevant?

I agree with that, but Green isn't close to Andre IMO, I say Fairley all day.

and Fairley ain't no Sapp.. that is not the point of this thread.. try again. ;)

depends.. our defense was 12th overall while on the field longer than any other defense (close enough to make that statement)

since we had no spectacular DT's then, and there are more FA DT's by far compared to WR FAs... why wouldn't you take Green?

and FFS, we don't need to trade Smitty unless we are offered a 2nd.. or two 3rds.. (it makes no sense to take away talent from an already bad offense)

Pick up Orton and we have a QB for next couple years until we address the issue..

I can see your point but you have to think a tenacious d gives your offense chance after chance ie Mark S last year. Going from 12 to 3 or 4 with failey and a FA could be just what we need. Otah's return boost our running game back to atleast top six. I don't know because a Johnson type with what we have could be deadly in so many different ways just trying to get some different view points.

how is that relevant?

and Fairley ain't no Sapp.. that is not the point of this thread.. try again. ;)

Yea I'm not saying they are or will be just wondering for the current state of our team in a very optimistic view what pick would help us out the most if both could reach elite levels.

Archived