• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Contracts

pantherj

Chris Gamble:

11/28/2008: Signed a six-year, $53.5 million contract. The deal contains $23 million guaranteed, including a $6 million signing bonus and another $10 million "signing" bonus in the second year. 2011: $6,244,117, 2012: $6.75 million, 2013: $7.9 million, 2014: $8.85 million, 2015: Free Agent

Ok this isn't too bad, but Gamble had better start giving 100% in every game.

Jordan Gross:

2/19/2009: Signed a six-year, $60 million contract. The deal includes $30.5 million in the first three seasons. 2011: $6 million, 2012: $8.5 million, 2013: $8.7 million, 2014: $6.7 million, 2015: Free Agent

:eek::svengo:

Steve Smith:

5/8/2007: Signed a six-year, $43.85 million contract. The deal included a $9.3 million signing bonus, a $6 million roster bonus in the second year, and a $2 million roster bonus in the third. 2010: $5.75 million, 2011: $7 million, 2012: $7.75 million, 2013: Free Agent

I think we should trade Smith if possible. He's given me a lot of amazing football memories, but we need to get the most bang for the buck.

Travelle Wharton:

2/14/2008: Signed a six-year, $35 million contract. The deal includes $12 million guaranteed. 2009: $1.75 million, 2010: $3.9 million, 2011: $5.4 million, 2012: $5.7 million, 2013: $5.9 million, 2014: Free Agent

I like Wharty, and he can be used as an OT if need be. Having said that, no freaking way is worth that kind of money.

I can see Wharton being cut, but then we'd have two big needs at guard. You have to consider what it'd cost to replace him. Unless we draft someone who looks really good in camp I can't see him going anywhere.

I think we'll keep him, but I can't help but wonder how he got such a great contract.

Nice research....

I guess???? What exactly are you trying to say? We should have enough cap room (if and when there is a new cap) to pick up a couple more big contracts like beason, williams, and johnson. Plus we still need to make some type of big FA signing this year......

Nice research....

I guess???? What exactly are you trying to say? We should have enough cap room (if and when there is a new cap) to pick up a couple more big contracts like beason, williams, and johnson. Plus we still need to make some type of big FA signing this year......

Who would you keep? Who gets a big contract?

James Anderson

Thomas Davis

Charles Johnson

Ryan Kalil

Richard Marshall

Matt Moore

Dante Rosario

DeAngelo Williams

James Anderson: Have to keep; young stud LB just coming into his prime.

Thomas Davis: Re-sign to 2 yr deal w/incentives for playing time/performance to prove he's fully recovered from his ACL tears.

Charles Johnson: Shouldn't be a question, IMO.

Ryan Kalil: 2-time Pro Bowler now and one of the best centers in the game. HAVE to lock him up.

Richard Marshall: Goodbye, and good riddance.

Matt Moore: Not that good + injury = no.

Dante Rosario: I wouldn't mind it; with Chudzinski he could develop into something good, but if they go elsewhere for a TE I doubt he gets re-signed.

DeAngelo Williams: Franchise + trade. If we can get a 2nd, great; if not, a 3rd will do. Some team will want a young stud Pro Bowl RB still in his prime. We're more than good to go at RB without him with Stewart, Goodson, & Sutton.

Thomas Davis: Re-sign to 2 yr deal w/incentives for playing time/performance to prove he's fully recovered from his ACL tears.

Ryan Kalil: 2-time Pro Bowler now and one of the best centers in the game. HAVE to lock him up.

Dante Rosario: I wouldn't mind it; with Chudzinski he could develop into something good, but if they go elsewhere for a TE I doubt he gets re-signed.

DeAngelo Williams: Franchise + trade. If we can get a 2nd, great; if not, a 3rd will do. Some team will want a young stud Pro Bowl RB still in his prime. We're more than good to go at RB without him with Stewart, Goodson, & Sutton.

We could probably get Marshall for cheap, and he plays pretty well when the pass rush is a factor. The rest I'd agree with.

This is exactly what I would do, but I would keep Moore and Rosario., Even as a back up Moore can still be valuable, he had a "bad" year behind a shitty line that the "all mighty" clausen still managed to look like a pop warner qb, Other then that, Williams isn't really needed so trading him for the best value would be first on the list.

You have to consider the possibility that we will need $$ to sign what we need now that is not in the draft. I am pretty sure we sign a QB and feel equally sure that we try to sign a veteran DT and possibly a RG. Even though we appear rich, we need to extend Beason and sign Kalil to a creative, rich contract. CJ will not be cheap after his year, and why do I think we will overpay for TDavis? Anderson was good, but also the benefit of the position, which should make a lot of tackles. There are players on our bench who will be evaluated (the Williams boys, Norwood, Connor) who may be better fits into the defensive scheme. Besides, I am not a Tarheel fan, but I think they were one of the best defenses in the country before they lost Quinn and Austin. I see Bruce Carter, Quan Sturdivant, and State's Nate Irving in the 3-5 rounds of many mocks. I have to think LB is pretty deep in the draft.

Lot of options, but we have room. I agree Smith may need to be traded, but don't expect much for him. DW might bring a third rounder; I think the best way to get his full value is to trade for a veteran OL, DT, CB, or QB.

Johnson, Kalil, Anderson, and Williams should all get deals from the Panthers

I'd let T. Davis walk (love the guy, but there is no chance he comes back to even 70% of what he was on a knee that he's blown out twice)

I was at the OTA when TD blew out his knee. They were warming up. However, I think you sign him to an incentive-laden deal, but you don't pencil him in as the starter yet.

Johnson, Kalil, Anderson, and Williams should all get deals from the Panthers

I'd let T. Davis walk (love the guy, but there is no chance he comes back to even 70% of what he was on a knee that he's blown out twice)

I think were able to keep Dan Morgan for cheap by offering him an incintive laden contract. If he plays, he makes a lot of money. If he doesn't recover, then he might make vet scale, I dunno like 250k? I think it would be worth it.

Archived