• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How far up on potential alone !!!!!!

cheynehowell

I know there is so much speculation as to what is going to be the first pick for the Panthers; but in all honesty the combine is going to allow a few players to shoot up for that pick. The 2 that come to my mind will be Cam Newton and Robert Quinn.

Newton already has a cannon and has been rumored to run sub 4.5 40's. If Newton shows improvement in Mechanics and Footwork, to go with a rocket arm and a possible 4.49 40. The Panthers will have to pick him

Robert Quinn is somewhat of a draft enigma right now. Quinn could easily shoot up to number 1 with monster workouts that he is very capable of. Quinn could rip off the fastest DE 40 in draft history. He has the frame to bulk up and has a tremendous first step that blows Bowers away.

Once again this is potential, we are talking here. Will the Panthers take a risk on potential, or just draft Fairley. I am a Auburn fan and love Fairley, but I think he is a huge reach at #1 based on his potential ceiling.

Gabbert will probably be a better pro than Newton. He might not have the athleticism, but the tools he has transfer better to the NFL.

What tools does Gabby have over Cam....Nobody was even mentioning him a month ago. Cam did not have the best BCS game, but if 2 TD passes and a pick is your worst game then???? Cam has a stronger arm and is a Winner:beatdeadhorse5:

Archived