• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's maturity

unicar15

dude. Manning through like 7 or 8 times more TDs, had llike 20% higher completion percentage, threw for more than double the yardage... How the heck do you think this??

20 %? I see only 5% higher completion%. Also, Manning had almost double the attempts (thus double the yardage) and 12 more attempts per game( which, considering the Colts roster that year, they passed more in the redzone and the Panthers ran more) thus more passing TDs,. Also, would you not agree, Manning had better targets than Clausen, and got sacked less, which means he also got pressured less? If Kasey hits that field goal to beat the Browns, we have the same recored as Manning's Colts in his rookie season. Hell, Fault had 86 receptions and 900 of the passing yards. Faulk, considered one of the best pass catching Rb's, was a hell of a bail out when Manning was pressured.

20 %? I see only 5% higher completion%. Also, Manning had almost double the attempts (thus double the yardage) and 12 more attempts per game( which, considering the Colts roster that year, they passed more in the redzone and the Panthers ran more) thus more passing TDs,. Also, would you not agree, Manning had better targets than Clausen, and got sacked less, which means he also got pressured less? If Kasey hits that field goal to beat the Browns, we have the same recored as Manning's Colts in his rookie season. Hell, Fault had 86 receptions and 900 of the passing yards. Faulk, considered one of the best pass catching Rb's, was a hell of a bail out when Manning was pressured.

Dude, Peyton Manning threw at least a TD in every game as rookie except for one. There is nothing similar about Peyton's rookie season in comparison to Clausen.

Peyton Manning didn't have more TDs b/c of the offenses they were in.....Peyton had more b/c he was freaking good.........even as a rookie. That is why he had 26 TDs. Carolina could have thrown every down and it is doubtful Clausen would have had more than his 3 TDs.

If you're going to talk about the teams he's playing you also have to consider who he was playing with and for. He was their offense for much of the year. He did have a decent team though, but he didn't have elite weapons along side him in both his years there.

He made some pretty tight throws against a lot of defenders in the Illinois video. How often did he see single high safety? He had a number of dropped balls too. His accuracy was pretty strong in that video. It was much worse against some of the better teams he faced, though he didn't get a ton of help either. I see why you feel his balls are a bit high but they didn't seem all that high to me. He fit the ball in some tight windows and at times he was throwing slightly high to avoid underneath coverage so his WR could make a play for the ball (especially on some of those routes into the middle of the field) but maybe I'm wrong.

Not saying he's worth a #1 though or anything like that. Just think he's a good prospect.

I was not knocking him for dropped passes. Thats not fair but he over threw some open targets with a poor CB corp. He found the throwing lane in most of his passes but when under pressure he tends to throw high. In the NFL if you throw high you get intercepted. He will need at least a year or more before he makes good progress in the NFL. IMO he really should just stay in school.

In late but just wanted to comment to someone who said he's working hard right now with football and someone else said they hadn't heard anything about football for him this offseason. The best thing for him right now is to be in CA with his family. This has to be one of the toughest mental years he's had in his career and he doesn't really have anyone in Carolina so being in CA with his family is a smart move. He needs to mentally recover before he begins working on his physical issues. When you've had success your whole life, failing is pretty hard.

Not that I feel bad for him at all, just something to consider.

Archived