• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

He's got a typical NFL QB body at 6'4" 220 but could use a little extra weight. He's got good footwork and a stronger arm than people think. He literally can make all the throws (Deep out to Jarrett in Week 1, TD passes to Smitty on skinny posts, TD pass to Smitty against Minny, TDs to Gettis in San Fran, etc). He's proved he can win games in the NFL and move an offense. He's proved he's mentally strong after coming back from being benched for a POS rookie and playing well. He also proved he's mentally strong during that game after he threw a terrible pick six that looked like it sealed the deal but came back to lead two game winning drives in one game.

He proved he can get all his receivers involved and keep his play makers involved. Moose had 1 TD all year (from Moore), Smitty was in beast mode with Moore, Jarrett caught a TD, Gettis caught 2, LaFell had 7 something catches for 90 something yards, all of our TE's have gotten involved.

He's a professional. He handled this year with class and didn't say one negative thing. Despite the way the team has treated him, he said he wants to be back showing his loyalties to the city and his teammates.

Is that enough?

He's also proven that once he's the guy, he plays like poo. The reason he got benched for the POS rookie was because he played a brutal, laughable game at NY. He looked to have regressed in about every metric this season, and in no way played well enough to deserve to start.

He's got a typical NFL QB body at 6'4" 220 but could use a little extra weight. He's got good footwork and a stronger arm than people think. He literally can make all the throws (Deep out to Jarrett in Week 1, TD passes to Smitty on skinny posts, TD pass to Smitty against Minny, TDs to Gettis in San Fran, etc). He's proved he can win games in the NFL and move an offense. He's proved he's mentally strong after coming back from being benched for a POS rookie and playing well. He also proved he's mentally strong during that game after he threw a terrible pick six that looked like it sealed the deal but came back to lead two game winning drives in one game.

He proved he can get all his receivers involved and keep his play makers involved. Moose had 1 TD all year (from Moore), Smitty was in beast mode with Moore, Jarrett caught a TD, Gettis caught 2, LaFell had 7 something catches for 90 something yards, all of our TE's have gotten involved.

He's a professional. He handled this year with class and didn't say one negative thing. Despite the way the team has treated him, he said he wants to be back showing his loyalties to the city and his teammates.

Is that enough?

This is more of your biased bullcrap TRD, and frankly, I'm tired of it.

Mechanics mean nothing if you don't have the brains for it, and Moore doesn't.

He's the QBing version of Dwayne Jarrett. Everything is there physically, but mentally he's just not getting it, and, like Jarrett, if you don't get it after 4 years, your just not going to.

He's proved he can win games in the NFL and move an offense. He's proved he's mentally strong after coming back from being benched for a POS rookie and playing well.

He didn't play well. He had an average game with more stupid mental mistakes, followed by another garbage outing at St Louis the next week.

Les we forget who was playing QB for the Niners that week. He's only been able to win with the pressure off and once the pressure was back on mentally he just wasn't good.

I understand you like him and that's fine. But we can't keep a 4-going on 5- year pro around waiting for him to magically get it just because you like him. His contract is up, so you can send him off with some dignity by simply not resigning him rather than having to cut him.

So did Clausen. Does that mean we should give him a fat, long contract too?

Everyone here is getting sick of this nonsense..

He's also proven that once he's the guy, he plays like poo. The reason he got benched for the POS rookie was because he played a brutal, laughable game at NY. He looked to have regressed in about every metric this season, and in no way played enough to deserve to start.

But But But!! He's 6'4"!!!!!! How can you not see that?

You must not know anything about football!

I gave up my future in football to kick the sh*t out of douchebags...

A lot of people talk about bringing Moore back but you only quote and attack my posts.

Enough with the stalking, if you try and f*ck me it won't end pretty.

Oooh, Internet tough guy alert. Funny how when the tables are turned you change your tune.

I can quote your posts as much as I want to, because that's the point of a message board. If you want to sound like a biased idiot, go ahead, but I have every right to respond to such drivel.

And again, stalking?? Who blew up whose PMs again?? You chased me around this whole fuging board for a day to tout your Moore bullshit and diss everything I said, making jokes about me in different threads and parts of the Huddle. What's the matter, can't take it but can dish it out? :)

You didn't make one counter argument that whole post...you made assumptions that he didn't get it mentally even though his play in most of his games in his career suggest something different.

I gave you a list of examples of things he does well and reasons to keep him and you came back with "He's dumb and makes bad decisions." Throwing for 300+ yards and 2 TD 1 Int isn't a good game?

I'm asking you to give me real reasons why he won't be resigned. Does he not do all those things I said?

He's also proven that once he's the guy, he plays like poo. The reason he got benched for the POS rookie was because he played a brutal, laughable game at NY. He looked to have regressed in about every metric this season, and in no way played well enough to deserve to start.

It was a bad game that we still had a chance to win which is scary. He still moved the offense and did a lot of good things.

You didn't make one counter argument that whole post...you made assumptions that he didn't get it mentally even though his play in most of his games in his career suggest something different.

I gave you a list of examples of things he does well and reasons to keep him and you came back with "He's dumb and makes bad decisions." Throwing for 300+ yards and 2 TD 1 Int isn't a good game?

I'm asking you to give me real reasons why he won't be resigned. Does he not do all those things I said?

Never said he didn't have great games...you tout his great games too much though. Gus Frerotte had his share of great ones too, several vs Carolina.

If they let him battle to be a backup, fine. If they sign him to be a starter, they're morons.

Why won't he be resigned? What is the point of keeping someone who you know can't get the job done when it counts? Unless Clausen picks it up we'll have the same discussion in two years.

Did Rivera mention Moore in his presser as giving him a chance to start?

Never said he didn't have great games...you tout his great games too much though. Gus Frerotte had his share of great ones too, several vs Carolina.

If they let him battle to be a backup, fine. If they sign him to be a starter, they're morons.

Why won't he be resigned? What is the point of keeping someone who you know can't get the job done when it counts? Unless Clausen picks it up we'll have the same discussion in two years.

Did Rivera mention Moore in his presser as giving him a chance to start?

It's better than keeping someone around who you know can't get it done when it counts or doesn't count, right?

Why do they have to bring him in as a backup? Why can't they just bring him in and you know, let them compete for the job instead of handing it to someone?

Not a single thing that post was an assumption. Not a one.

Moore has shown the the game overwhelms him when the pressure is on.

No way around it.

There's a reason the coaching staff was so hesitant to let him on the field before this season...everybody wondered why..and he proved the coaching staff right..

It's better than keeping someone around who you know can't get it done when it counts or doesn't count, right?

Why do they have to bring him in as a backup? Why can't they just bring him in and you know, let them compete for the job instead of handing it to someone?

Because he's already shown what happens when he has to compete.

Maybe you just missed it.

Archived