• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your First Car...

YourMomsLover

78 Celica

No friggin way, the Liftback or Fastback??

I had the tan Liftback. Was handed down the car but the body was shot, engine and tranny were good. Found an exact match at the Mexican junk yard on albemarle and swapped motor and tranny. Drove it for 3 years.

I had the tan Liftback. Was handed down the car but the body was shot, engine and tranny were good. Found an exact match at the Mexican junk yard on albemarle and swapped motor and tranny. Drove it for 3 years.

lift. it was a clunker. had a put in a great stereo. it held me over until i bought an 82 blacked out prelude.

1978 Old Cutlass

312305.jpg

Pop had a 5 liter v6 dropped in it. Was hilarious pulling up to gangsta wannabies in their souped up low riders and leaving their asses in the dust.

my mom had a 78 Cutlass but didn't keep long enough so I could drive it. Sharp little vehicle.

lift. it was a clunker. had a put in a great stereo. it held me over until i bought an 82 blacked out prelude.

too funny

Yeah I pimped the radio out in mine too (2, 6" door speakers, 6x9's in the back and 2 10" subs in the hatch), had a sweet portable CD player with tape adapter!!! It had 4 second skip protection!!!

oddly enough my second car was a blacked out 82 Supra

too funny

Yeah I pimped the radio out in mine too (2, 6" door speakers, 6x9's in the back and 2 10" subs in the hatch), had a sweet portable CD player with tape adapter!!! It had 4 second skip protection!!!

oddly enough my second car was a blacked out 82 Supra

dude, the Supra was THE car I wanted while in high school. Loved that unique spoiler.

I wanted a white or black one. Girl I dated, who was capt of the cheerleaders and eventual home coming queen didn't like that car. Then later on she dated this singer in a band and homey had a red Supra. It was a double kick in the balls for me.

dude, the Supra was THE car I wanted while in high school. Loved that unique spoiler.

I wanted a white or black one. Girl I dated, who was capt of the cheerleaders and eventual home coming queen didn't like that car. Then later on she dated this singer in a band and homey had a red Supra. It was a double kick in the balls for me.

Damn, she didn't know what she wanted.

Yeah, Supras are STILL the poo if you ask me. I still have my 87 in the garage, take it out on the weekends, love that car.

I sold that 82 to a coworkers son for $500 trying to help him out, and he wrecked the damn thing a week later. dumbass

When I was stationed in California in '83 I had a 76 liftback - once the most fun cars I've ever owned...I'll have to dig up a pic of it

yeah, nothing will teach you patience like running vacuum lines for a carburetor

lol

That big tank had sooooo much room under the hood, it was a joy to work on.

Sucker had auto seats and windows, damn big bench moving back and forth with fixed shoulder belt, almost decapitated the high school girlfriend.

The radio aerial was in the window, and when those big metal wipers went back and forth it killed the reception.

Good times.

lol

That big tank had sooooo much room under the hood, it was a joy to work on.

Sucker had auto seats and windows, damn big bench moving back and forth with fixed shoulder belt, almost decapitated the high school girlfriend.

The radio aerial was in the window, and when those big metal wipers went back and forth it killed the reception.

Good times.

:lol: had the same problem in the celica. I always wondered what I'd do if the windshield needed replacing

Archived