• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore: I would love to stay in Carolina

The Saltman

Got a chud yet TheRealDeal??

It’s hard to see the positives, but there’s definitely something to be said from taking a step back and watching. I got to see Jimmy play and watch how he handled different situations. I kind of played the game in my head from the sidelines just to stay in it. You have to try to stay as sharp as you can. That’s what I used to do when Jake was here and he was playing. That’s just what I had to do to stay in the game.

My injury was a torn labrum in my right shoulder. I’m actually doing really well. I’m nine weeks out of surgery, my mobility is good and I’m getting my strength back. The Panthers trainers are doing a great job of getting me back to where I need to be. When I initially suffered the injury, I knew something was wrong. The most pain came in the first four days after the surgery. That was tough, I had never had surgery before. After that it was just a lot of ice and I started to feel better. The past 5-6 weeks I’ve felt great.

For next season everything is kind of unknown right now. My contract is up and I’m dealing with that. I have to just kind of wait until the players and owners figure out the collective bargaining agreement. So I’m sitting tight and waiting to see what goes on with the league.

Obviously I would love to stay in Carolina. But nothing will be set in motion until some other things are sorted out. So I’m just hanging in there, getting my shoulder better and hoping we can work something out.

http://www.mattmooreqb.com/2011/01/18/i-would-love-to-stay-in-carolina

Patty says we likely won't resign him:

In past years, I’d say that could happen. But I think the page has turned in Carolina -- or at least I hope the page has turned in Carolina. The Panthers fully realize they didn’t have good quarterback play last season. They’re keeping Jimmy Clausen because he’s under contract and because some people in the organization still have hope he can develop into a decent quarterback. But Moore is coming off an injury and I think the Panthers will let him go into free agency. I’m pretty sure they will go out and try to find someone they see as a significant upgrade over Moore and someone who is a very viable alternative if Clausen doesn’t step up.

I agree.

The guy can't play.

Let him go, and find an improvement. No sense in keeping someone who's already met his ceiling-and it was pretty low.

I agree.

The guy can't play.

Let him go, and find an improvement. No sense in keeping someone who's already met his ceiling-and it was pretty low.

:rofl:

It says that guy hopes they don't keep him, not that they likely won't.

Your hate for Moore is blinding whatever credibility you might have had. Many people realize he was the best QB on our roster last year and there isn't much in terms of upgrades out there.

I agree.

The guy can't play.

well, if you look at his play....the man has done more good than bad in his starts.

but if you only want to look at 2010 in a vaccum....he can't play. But he still looked significantly better than the 2 other rookies. His rookie year was full of examples of him being much farther ahead than where they were this year.

Archived