• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King says Peppers is DPOY

unicar15

Peppers has been great all year, and you could argue he's one of the biggest reasons they made the playoffs, but he is not the DPOY. I think James Harrison deserves it more.

James Harrison - 100 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions. Matthews had a great year too, but I don't think it compares to Harrisons(even though Matthews had more sacks). I hate Harrison but you can't deny the stats he put up.

My opinion would be:

1) Harrison

2) Matthews

3) Peppers

Better than he was here? IDTS. In 2008 he had 14.5 sacks and 5FF in a year where our team was the 2nd seed in the NFC, yet got no recognition for DPOY. Dumb.

eh, DE play isn't judged simply from stats.

IMO, Peppers has been much more consistant in his play in Chicago. There are games were he has registered hardly anything on the stats sheet in Chicago and he flat out dominated the game.....much more impressive than some of his games where he simply registered a sack giving questionable effort/impact in the game.

Now I am not saying he doesn't benefit playing in a big market.....but the guy is currently playing as good as he as ever played. Regardless of stats.

As noted above, Peppers has been playing well. You can't just look at his stats. He is a game changing player which Offenses have to gameplan around him. You focus too much on him and the other guys gets involved. That is how he is making a difference in Chicago. My hats go off to the fellow. I wish he was still in Carolina but no hate. He did the best for himself.

Has anybody noticed that Chris Harris is the All-Pro Safety?:eek:

I'm happy for him though. We treated him like garbage. He was an excellent football player and person.

I always liked that he used his fame to marry a nice classy woman and not father 8 different kids with 8 different mothers.

I think you can make the case for a lot of defensive players this year. There was no single anomaly of stats that you can look at and declare that player the greatest. Matthews got a lot of his sacks (like 7 or 8?) in his first two games. Harrison and Peppers are big reasons their teams are doing well in the playoffs right now.

It's just good to see one of our own doing well. Ultimately, I think we would've been begging to trade him if he were still with us because he would've been unmotivated and Charles Johnson would've been in rotation on the other side so we might've had those 11.5 sacks from Peppers and then 5 or 6 from Johnson. Peppers being gone helped us see we still have a good DE on our line. So yeah it was kind of ugly the way he left, but there shouldn't be any hard feelings.

I am shocked he's never been considered DPOTY before though. If you want to talk about anomalies, this guy is a physical freak.

that guy showed up this year, and played with a non-stop motor.you do not let good players leave your team for nothing..........wait

Our front office is lazier than Pep and doesn't have his desire to win. Not shocking he's doing well with another organization. I'm sure he's happy he has real qbing on his squad too.

Archived