• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King says Peppers is DPOY

unicar15

eh, DE play isn't judged simply from stats.

IMO, Peppers has been much more consistant in his play in Chicago. There are games were he has registered hardly anything on the stats sheet in Chicago and he flat out dominated the game.....much more impressive than some of his games where he simply registered a sack giving questionable effort/impact in the game.

Now I am not saying he doesn't benefit playing in a big market.....but the guy is currently playing as good as he as ever played. Regardless of stats.

THIS!

Some people have not really watched peppers play this year. Then they want to go and pull up stats and make and statement that Peppers doesn't deserve DPOY.... well stats don't always tell the complete story. Not only in the passing game this year, but in the running game peppers have been a big factor, blowing up O-linemen and being a factor in many plays. If you watch Chicago play he will have a lot of plays that he greatly effects, but doesn't get any kind of stats for.

I think Peppers along with a couple others definitely deserves a strong consideration for DPOY.

Not only that, but you have to consider the fact that ever since Pep has come into the league, teams have been gameplanning AWAY from his side of the field, for the most part...

That paired with the number of times he demands more than one blocker makes him way more valuable to a defense than anyone else in the league...

It's not like Peppers isn't a legitimate candidate for the award, so I would be okay with him getting it.

This, I'm still annoyed by the whole Peppers saga, but to say he isn't at least deserving is ludicrous. He has had a great year.....Although one of those INTs was against the Panthers so I don't count it

He's earned it, and all you haters should really try and take off the blinders.

most people are acknowledging that he had a great year, but there are more deserving players for DPOY.

I don't understand what Clay Matthews has done to put him ahead of James Harrison though.

Archived