• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyrus Thomas out for 8 weeks

C-A-T-S

As I just posted in the gameday thread, it's time to trade Jax and find a player who can fill that athletic low-post void. Kwame has played great, but he is limited and Nazr is old. More of a need now with the Tyrus injury, because these next two months are critical for a playoff run.

Who can we get?

We've tried getting bigs, they pretty much all suck. We could try Josh McRoberts, at least he doesn't miss dunks and has some weight to him.

I think instead the team should try to get a scorer off the bench. Flip Murray was great at that last year. We should move livingston for this player and this player should be a PG or combo guard because the offense falls apart when DJ leaves the court.

Other than that the main concern for this team is just playing in control. Whether it's Wallace attempting a bad shot or charging into a player, Diaw throwing blind passes, or Jack being Jack, this team has to take better care of the ball.

Also players have to look for their shot. Diaw kills our offensive pace sometimes with his pass out of shots.

Anyway, I hope Thomas gets well soon.

Thomas is overrated and plays out of control too much. The bigger concern here is that Silas' coaching staff does not seem to like Derrick Brown and play Najera instead which will hurt us since the drop off between Thomas and Najera is quite much.

I don't have a fuging clue why Najera is even on an NBA roster, but Derrick Brown really isn't a post player like Najera. So I don't necessarily see minutes having to be shared between the two, though I can certainly envision situations in which Wallace slides over to the 4 and Brown picks up slack at the 3, or vice versa.

Tyrus averaged 21 mpg. I think those minutes should be picked up as such:

Diaw +3

Dominic +11

Nazr +7

I don't have a fuging clue why Najera is even on an NBA roster, but Derrick Brown really isn't a post player like Najera. So I don't necessarily see minutes having to be shared between the two, though I can certainly envision situations in which Wallace slides over to the 4 and Brown picks up slack at the 3, or vice versa.

Tyrus averaged 21 mpg. I think those minutes should be picked up as such:

Diaw +3

Dominic +11

Nazr +7

Yeah, that's what Larry Brown would do sometimes. Derrick Brown is a tall player but not the biggest guy. He can handle the ball surprisingly well for someone his size and can knock down the three as well. I like what he brings especially with his athleticism. Every time he comes in the game our fast break is much better.

I think Derrick would most definitely look good with more minutes. He just has to pick up an NBA leveled offense. It's like whenever he's in the game he's a deer in the headlights. (Sans his defense / fastbreak)

I blame Larry for D.Brown's stunted growth.

Archived