• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Home team heros...

Stumpy

I've seen a lot of these posted sporatically in different threads and in people's sigs. So I figured I'd make a thread for everyone to post theirs.

Who's your home team player, that may be flying under the national media' radar, that you would like to see the Panthers draft this year?

NC State guy here, so I have to go with Nate Irving LB.

He's projected as an ILB but has the size, athleticism and instincts to play the Will or the Sam. Also is a force int the backfield. He set the FBS record for TFLs in a game and led the nation in the same category. Right now he is projected to go in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Had he not missed his entire junior year recovering from a devastating car wreck, I think he'd be a lock for the first round.

i know that this thread isn't (at least i hope it isn't) a serious plea for the panthers to draft home grown guys, but i have to say i really hate that they even take into consideration that players are from around here and tht they aim for local products in the draft. take the best players where ever they are from.

it isn't going to bring more wins and it isn't going to get more seats sold. it does make us overreach and overvalue certain players and has the potential to make us do ridiculous things in trying to get the local guys...like giving up a 2nd rounder from the following year trying to turn a QB into a WR. that would not have happened had edwards been at a non-local school.

/rant

i know that this thread isn't (at least i hope it isn't) a serious plea for the panthers to draft home grown guys

It was meant to be more of a "I went to/root for school X, I want player Y from my school." Kinda wanted to see who some of the more underrated, sleeper guys are in this draft.

It was meant to be more of a "I went to/root for school X, I want player Y from my school." Kinda wanted to see who some of the more underrated, sleeper guys are in this draft.

Oh.

Well I went to UNCW, so...yeah. Maybe they will look at us to draft a basketball player to play TE. Nah...we sucked last year and Buzz Peterson is just now getting us back out of the hole from the last sh!tty coach we had.

As an NC State guy as well I will second Nasty Nate. If George Bryan had come out he would be my choice. I think Nate will be a quality role player in the league.

I know George and his family. I tutored George when he was a freshman in high school and have followed his career. His mother is from the Greenville area so it had to kill their family when George caught the TD pass to beat ECU. Would love to see him get drafted and play on Sundays...

Oh.

Well I went to UNCW, so...yeah. Maybe they will look at us to draft a basketball player to play TE. Nah...we sucked last year and Buzz Peterson is just now getting us back out of the hole from the last sh!tty coach we had.

omgz brett blizzard

Oh.

Me too, the Benny years were nothing short of depressing.

As for me, I like UNC football and I need some Pianalto(with the exception of injury concerns he is one of the best TEs in the draft, finds the soft spot in a zone SO well) or in the later rounds Kendric Burney(small, but a really good CB)

Archived