• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo Williams

D34Williams

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d80e0334c/Chatting-with-DeAngelo

From a solid year, but he's the best back we've had, and some of you don't care to see him gone. What he has done is also a tribute to Stewart, and without one another, both fall drastically. Keep these two together. Whether it's franchising DeAngelo this year or getting him a fat contract.

When the CBA get's set, PAY THIS MAN, RETIRE HIM A PANTHER

He's such a good dude, spent some time around him at the private events he hosts for the doubletrouble3428.com club and practice and he treats fans great... he's on that site just about every Thursday night chatting with fans, etc.

One of the regulars in that doubletrouble3428.com club was telling me he was out at the mall one day and someone came up and jumped on his back... turned out to be DeAngelo Williams, can you imagine another NFL player interacting with a fan like that?

After Jordan Gross's kickball tournament, a bunch of folks were standing around and DeAngelo invited them over to Dan Morgan's place for Pizza, it was 20 people or so and he picked up the check.

At this point DeAngelo recognizes me from the events he stages and from hanging at practice and he says "Big Dave!" every time he walks by me on way out of practice and gives me a high-five. He's doesn't have to do stuff like that but he does anyways because he's genuinley a good guy and he appreciates us Panthers fans.

We're really lucky to have guys like him and Beason who are great players AND treat us fans so well. It's impossible for me to have an unbiased opinion about DeAngelo coming back after getting to know him, I don't care what it costs or who else we have at HB - I want to see him retire a Panther.

our running game didn't get a spark until Goodson single handedly put together 2 back to back 100 yard games..

Stewart then picked up from there and our running game was off to the races..

to say DWill and Stewart will "both fall drastically" isn't true.. Actually, I could make a more accurate statement by saying "What Goodson has done is also a tribute to Stewart, and without one another they both will fall"...

now for some reason people won't agree with that, even though that's exactly what happened this year..

of course, I would rather have DWill and Stewart.. so don't go putting words in my mouth..

but what I am putting out there is something for you all to realize, the NFL is a business and if DWill does go elsewhere, we'll still have an exceptional running game. don't get poo twisted..

There aren't higher character guys than DWill, and I would love to keep him here.. but to say our running game will fall off is totally inaccurate, couldn't be further from the truth..

We godda keep him for the double trouble tandem... Throw in Goodson, with some glue on his hands, to keep pushing them both. I will be highly disappointed if Dwill is gone. If we keep them togethter, I think we will see 2 professional backs like no other in the league. Chud has plenty of weapons to get his game on...

Goodson had good games when the whole league was laughing at the Panthers and they were caught off guard. I like Goodson but to try and think he can replace DWill is silly IMO.

that silly idea is exactly what happened though..

you definitely try to keep a DWill player around who is huge on and off the field..

I realize yours, and everyone's point, but still.. it's not silly to think since Goodson did just that this past year..

Edit: perhaps the question is can he do it all season, or have as big of an impact.. I guess that's yet to be seen..

Archived