• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best/Worst Case Scenario Taking a QB #1 Overall

Ricky Spanish

Your funny. SO using process of elimination the only choices for the first are

TE, FB, K, S, RB, C, OT, OG, LB, or DT. But we can also eliminate everyone not named Fairley in your mind right. LOL. Way to think outisde the box. Mark my words in 3-4 years a DT taken after Fairley will surpass him in sacks and Pro Bowl nods.

that is probably a safe bet for the first position player drafted in every NFL draft.

I wouldn't be mad if they drafted a QB.....more often than not clear cut #1 slot QBs don't turn out to be such. So if teams were smart they wouldn't have drafted all these #1 BPA QBs that so many claim this draft doesn't have b/c of Luck staying. Drafting is a gamble......Fairly, Green, Peterson could all be easily as big of flops as Newton.

As for Newton, he's boom or bust. If he can adjust to the NFL and an NFL playbook, he has a chance to be great because he has all the physical tools. However, there are WAY too many questions around him to take him at #1 overall. I'm not sure I'd take him in the 1st round at all. In fact, I'm not sure there's a QB in this draft that I'd take in the 1st round.

Jake Locker is the guy who IMO was the #1 pick going into the college football year. I thought it was his to lose. Well, he lost the hell out of it. I wouldn't touch that guy in the first 3 rounds.

Newton has never taken a beating remotely close the one that Moore and Clausen took this past season. Why believe he could not only endure it, but thrive in it?

What I believe is that he wouldn't be taking some of those hits in the first place. The guy runs a 4.5 40 and he's got about 30+ lbs on Moore and Clausen.

Archived