• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Used Car Question

Niner National

Nissan should be more affordable to maintain and should require less maintenance.. if you're not looking to go stuntin' then go with the Maxima.. lol

I stand by this.. you have 2 different types of cars to choose from.. one is more down your alley.

one is if you didn't have a girl and didn't care to spend some dough on maintenance.. the other is if you have a girl and want to keep maintenance fees to a minimum..

logically, the maxima makes more sense.. but if you want to spend some more money overall (indirectly, down the road), go for the BMW.. (that's not meant to sound negative, I would buy the BMW.. lol)

lol@hawk...

Nissan should be more affordable to maintain and should require less maintenance.. if you're not looking to go stuntin' then go with the Maxima.. lol

Ditto!

My friend had a 3 series Beamer. Garage said she needed new brakes. $1200 for a brake job. BMW said they can't turn Brembo disks, they are a "throw away" item on BMW's!

You're pocket book will be happier with the Nissan in the long run!

If you have only $10k to spend do not throw it away into an 8 year old bmw thats been wrecked, and has 71,000+ miles on it, you'll be wasting your money. You'd be better off going with a second tier car (honda, nissan, hyundai, toyota, etc) that'll be less expensive to maintain and can get 200,000 miles out of.

I have a 2006 325i with the Sport Package--it has about 64K miles and I've never had a problem. But I am really good about getting all the scheduled maintenance on it. That's not exactly cheap, but if you keep up with it, you shouldn't have any major problems to pay for.

Archived