• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Aaron Rodgers BPA in 2005?

thunderraiden

Looking back with 20/20 hindsight it is obvious he was BPA of the whole entire draft... but at the time of the draft was he BPA at the number 1 spot? And was he BPA when we picked?

They always say they look for BPA when drafting, but I strickly remember us having solid linebackers although not great, a very old QB albeit coming off a steller year (Jake had a 87.3 QB rating) so its hard to justify getting a QB in the first but when you say BPA, was Aaron Rodgers graded very high over Thomas Davis in that draft as of draft time?

I don't fault too much on Marty Hurney in the pick, Thomas Davis is great in his own right, but when they say they pick BPA and had a player with much more value than TD in 2005 maybe its a key to how we actually do pick players and can pretty much guarantee that we pick Fairley.

They always say they look for BPA when drafting, but I strickly remember us having solid linebackers although not great, a very old QB albeit coming off a steller year (Jake had a 87.3 QB rating) so its hard to justify getting a QB in the first but when you say BPA, was Aaron Rodgers graded very high over Thomas Davis in that draft as of draft time?

Jake was only 30 years old at the time and had 29 TDs the previous year without Steve Smith. 23 other GMs passed on Rodgers and several of those teams needed quarterbacks.

Looking back with 20/20 hindsight it is obvious he was BPA of the whole entire draft... but at the time of the draft was he BPA at the number 1 spot? And was he BPA when we picked?

I don't fault too much on Marty Hurney in the pick, Thomas Davis is great in his own right, but when they say they pick BPA and had a player with much more value than TD in 2005 maybe its a key to how we actually do pick players and can pretty much guarantee that we pick Fairley.

Brett Favre had about a 92 QB rating in 2004, he just played an awful playoff game but at that point he had shown no signs of slowing down, besides his usual flirtation with retirement

i don't know if we even re-sign Davis. He's missed a season and a half of action, we're working on a huge extension for Beason, why would we want to give 7 figures to Davis?

• 1 month later...

Archived