• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Best Questions for a First Date

boo7382

Taken from OkTrends: original research and insights from OkCupid, the best dating site on earth. We've compiled our observations and statistics from hundreds of millions of OkCupid user interactions, all to explore the data side of the online dating world

This post is our attempt to end the mystery. We took OkCupid's database of 275,294 match questions—probably the biggest collection of relationship concerns on earth—and the 776 million answers people have given us, and we asked:

What questions are easy to bring up, yet correlate to the deeper, unspeakable, issues people actually care about?

Okay, if you want to know...

Will my date have sex on the first date?

Ask...

* Do you like the taste of beer?

Because...

Among all our casual topics, whether someone likes the taste of beer is the single best predictor of if he or she has sex on the first date.

Also for seeing if guys will have sex with you, there are:

1)Assuming you were in the position to do so, would you launch nuclear weapons under any circumstances?

2)In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

3)Could you imagine yourself killing someone?

If you want to know...

Is my date religious?

Ask...

* Do spelling and grammar mistakes annoy you?

This thing seems like it is fairly accurate. You have to read the entire article (graphs, other questions, and all http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-best-questions-for-first-dates/). I would love to hear the feedback on this.

So if a guy would launch a nuke attack he would have sex on the first date???

predictive question implied odds of first-date sex

Q: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

'yes'⇒83%

Q: Assuming you were in the position to do so, would you launch nuclear weapons under any circumstances?

'yes'⇒82%

Q: Could you imagine yourself killing someone?

'yes'⇒82%

Archived