• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want ot wait till after the first round to get a QB??

teeray

I think football I.Q. has been questioned quite a bit. I dug this one up from way back around 1:30 this morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-40-12-Cam-Newton-QB-Auburn;_ylt=AvXf2Gv57IH2RAUmBtAm.UxDubYF?urn=nfl-324101

"The real questions about Newton come from the things one can't always see on the field – football I.Q. (though I find that quarterbacks of Newton's skin color still frequently wind up debited in this area from an analysis perspective to an unfair degree), ability to make every read consistently, and ability to take snap after snap under center.

Cons: As a thrower, Newton doesn't always spring back in his dropbacks to optimal throwing setup, leading to inaccurate arm throws. Used to taking one read before throwing or running – perhaps two at most – leading to questions about the time it would take to get him prepared to play in a multiple-read offense."

It is absurd to question this guys intelligence. He nearly had the highest passing efficiency in the history of the NCAA.

His ability to adjust to the multiple reads of an NFL offense is a question that every QB has to face (no matter what type of offense he ran in college) and isn't unique to Cam.

In less than one year in a complex fast paced offense, he mastered the Malzhan offense. He should be given high praise for his intelligence and football IQ. Most Qb's couldn't do that.

I don't want this thread to dissolve to the obvious racial stereotypes but to question his intelligence is highly unwarranted.

Those aren't real fans and they will just leave again and come again and so on. Do you want an organization full of ATL fans or Cowboy fans?

We already have a bad rep do we want it to get worse with bandwagon fans?

Judging from all the empty seats in the stadium last year any fans that are willing to show up would be great. Bandwagon or otherwise.

anyone else tired of hearing about an overhyped QB who isn't even in this years draft? I know I am

we need major help at QB, to say otherwise is just foolish

In a month or so we won't have to. These "fans" will be gone. Rooting for a team led by a safer less talented less athletic Qb. Jerry f'd up pandering his team and qbs to 'fans' not motivated by winning. Most of us want a quarterback. These dudes want a 'great hope ". Lol. There's a difference.

I don't want a dude who was caught with a stolen lap top, caught cheating at college (several times), issued 12 traffic citations in 2 years and investigated by the SEC and NCAA in a pay for play scheme.

Criminal in training, no thank you.

Were gonna miss you. Carry on the good fight with another holier than thou southern nfl team. We don't want fans who put their insecurity about black qbs before winning. Luck us coming out next year 4 u.

Criminal in training, no thank you.

Again you are being incredibly unfair to call a guy a criminal based on one time when he was 18/19 years old. He bought a stolen computer. If I were in college and somebody offered me a laptop for like 40 bucks I woulda bought it too.

Speeding tickets to me are irrelevant. If you don't think we should draft a guy over speeding tickets I can't help you.

But these are the questions he is going to have to answer. It will depend on how well he answers them to how high he goes in the draft.

Again you are being incredibly unfair to call a guy a criminal based on one time when he was 18/19 years old. He bought a stolen computer. If I were in college and somebody offered me a laptop for like 40 bucks I woulda bought it too.

Speeding tickets to me are irrelevant. If you don't think we should draft a guy over speeding tickets I can't help you.

But these are the questions he is going to have to answer. It will depend on how well he answers them to how high he goes in the draft.

12 in 2 years, holy crap. I don't know that you can just right that off at least not from a character issues standpoint.

How does the pay for play thing matter in the NFL anyway? He will be getting paid to play in the NFL...end of story. People need to stop acting like this is an isolated incident and that Cam is the only one who has ever done it, if he actually did do it. There are players in the NFL HOF who took money in college, so it really has no bearing on how well they can play football.

It's not one isolated incident, it's a pattern of terrible decision making.

Traffic tix don't generally bother me, but 12 in 2 years? Is it a learning disability or does he just not care? Is he above the law?

Laptop, how about the fact he threw it out the dorm window when the authorities arrived?

You want this past as the face of the franchise?

Archived