• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Green combine Prep

Ricky Spanish

6 receptions a game would give you 96 receptions on the year.

that's a lot of receptions, but he still is only involved in 96 plays directly a year (not counting blocking for RBs downfield)

I can do math that is just a terrible argument.

That doesn't account for coverage schemes, defensive adjustments, big plays, etc

Even when Smith wasn't catching the ball, he sure as hell was weighing on the mind of the defense and giving our other WR better matchups.

Should we draft Green I think it would be great to keep Smith too. You take pressure off Smith and take pressure off Green to immediately be a superstar. Plus we've got Gettis, and LaFell, and the unknown AE. It may be overkill but we sure as hell won't have to worry about WR anymore.

I like Green and Gettis on the outside with Smith and TE/LaFell roaming the middle

Should we draft Green I think it would be great to keep Smith too. You take pressure off Smith and take pressure off Green to immediately be a superstar. Plus we've got Gettis, and LaFell, and the unknown AE. It may be overkill but we sure as hell won't have to worry about WR anymore.

Hell yeah man.. we'd be set at wide receiver for a while with so much young and good talent. If we actually get around into developing AE as an authentic WR and we do draft green, we'll have a four man unit even when smith retires/goes to a different team/gets injured. If they all pan out, we can interchange them often during games so they wont be as tired..

for a random thought, it would be interesting if AE just turned into a beast of a receiver. I wonder what this board would be saying about that wasted draft pick, lol.

Plus AJ = rediculous 5 WO sets. Love it.

Options all day at WR. Keep them fresh and the D guessing. Can't go wrong.

That AJ highlight reel shows me smoke route reborn. Dudes bad. Get him in and beef him up.

I watched the Fairley cheap shot vid after the AJ highlight reel. That just puts AJ's rank a little higher in my eyes. That shady focker does not need to be in a Panther uniform.

The AJ highlight reel also makes me want a NC college football rivalry like the Georgia State/Georgia rivalry. The midfield banter just gets me hyped.

Plus AJ = rediculous 5 WO sets. Love it.

Options all day at WR. Keep them fresh and the D guessing. Can't go wrong.

That AJ highlight reel shows me smoke route reborn. Dudes bad. Get him in and beef him up.

I watched the Fairley cheap shot vid after the AJ highlight reel. That just puts AJ's rank a little higher in my eyes. That shady focker does not need to be in a Panther uniform.

The AJ highlight reel also makes me want a NC college football rivalry like the Georgia State/Georgia rivalry. The midfield banter just gets me hyped.

yeah I agree with you. I'm a student at UNC, and I've gone to a bunch of home games (I'm a sophomore). The closest thing we really have to a north carolina rivalry is UNC vs duke or UNC vs NC State. There may be other rivalries in NC but I don't think they are as intense as that Georgia/georgia state stuff..

1st off, Fright.. Olivia Munn is hawwwwwwwt.. (so is Christine Woods)

Exactly. Even the best WR's will only catch 6-7 passes a game, but the QB touches the ball on every single snap.

BTW, Greg Little is working out with Green and Gabbert, and has impressed the hell out of both of them, as well as their coaches.

6 receptions a game would give you 96 receptions on the year.

that's a lot of receptions, but he still is only involved in 96 plays directly a year (not counting blocking for RBs downfield)

ah.. here we go.

I can do math that is just a terrible argument.

That doesn't account for coverage schemes, defensive adjustments, big plays, etc

Even when Smith wasn't catching the ball, he sure as hell was weighing on the mind of the defense and giving our other WR better matchups.

even your run game benefits..

Archived