• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB43's big lesson: Quarterbacks are important

raleigh-panther

He showed Jake's record to show that Jake was a "winner". He didn't say Ben wasn't a winner or that Ben wasn't good. By showing Ben's record all you are doing is showing that yup... he is a winner. But that doesn't disprove what he said about Delhomme.

Yes he is, and even in his latest post he puts how Bens success is squarely on the defenses shoulders.

Yet here are Bens 2005 (11-5) 2006 (8-8) 2007 (10-6) 2008 (12-4). But all of that is because of their defense.:rolleyes:

Jake has his record because he is the best QB ever and not because of the team.

If the mark of a good quarterback is winning when the game is on the line, then why did you go to show who has better stats in the REGULAR season, taking nonsense about comebacks and such.

It doesn't matter who has MORE. You just said it, it matters that they actually do it not who does it more.

Given the chance Ben makes comeback wins, and makes plays when he has to. It's not his fault he don't have to sit out games when hes hurt, or that he doesn't have to come from behind to win as often as Jake.

You like to run around an call everyone wrong and tout this "im right" attitude, but really you haven't been yet.

Bottom line is that Ben is a winner and a good quarterback much like Jake. What I am pointing out is that you guys laud Ben as great and Jake as poor and I have shown you in a dozen ways that they are very similar. I for one can support several quarterbacks and am able to be objective about many of them. My point in all this has been if you think Ben is that good then it is hypocritical to criticize Jake when he has similar numbers.

Yes he is, and even in his latest post he puts how Bens success is squarely on the defenses shoulders.

No I didn't. I only refuted your statement that Ben's team won the Super Bowl so therefore he was better. My point was that Jake has done what he could to win but it takes a team effort and good defense to win a Super Bowl. A defense we didn't have this year and frankly haven't have since 1996 in the playoffs.

LOL

People need to move on from that SB loss too, no one is saying Jake cost us that game 6 f*cking years ago.(yes 6 lets move on kiddies)

It's how he is doing NOW.

Now is the offseason. He is fully recovered, healthy and undefeated. Why count last month as relevant but not last year or 6 years ago. Both are in the past and have no relevance to the future.

Funny thing is that McNabb is even liked in Philly let alone the whole league. Looking at one game in isolation as a comparison is ridiculous. McNabb has a history of choking in the playoffs, in fact this game was probably one of his best. As for the comparison between the 2, McNabb was benched at one point this year and replaced by a back-up for bad play. Many thought he was through.

And Jake should've been benched during the Raiders game after he played more poorly than McNabb. Thanks for pointing out Fox isn't as smart as Reid.

My point in all this has been if you think Ben is that good then it is hypocritical to criticize Jake when he has similar numbers.

Ohhh so now you're the one going by stats without having a real opinion now eh?

If you have seen Ben's play (which we all have seen plenty of) and Jake's play and tell me they are similar, I will tell you that you have got to be one of the biggest homers there is.

Then that is funny and hypocritical on your part. Jake's winning percentage is the best in the division standing at 62%. While Jake is anything but a pretty passer by all accounts he is clearly a winner. He has more 4th quarter comebacks than most present quarterbacks in the league. And his fourth quarter passer rating is much higher than the rest of the game.

If you were clearly for a winner you would be in Jake's corner and you are not. I guess the grass only looks greener on the other side of the fence.

The funny thing about Delhomme is that his forth quarter comebacks are usually preceded by 3 quarters of him being quite awful. Alot of QBs dont have alot of QBs naturally wont have the amount of come from behind wins Delhomme has because they dont play as poorly as Delhomme usually does early in the game.

Bottom line is that Ben is a winner and a good quarterback much like Jake. What I am pointing out is that you guys laud Ben as great and Jake as poor and I have shown you in a dozen ways that they are very similar. I for one can support several quarterbacks and am able to be objective about many of them. My point in all this has been if you think Ben is that good then it is hypocritical to criticize Jake when he has similar numbers.

I'm not lauding Ben, but he is better than Jake.

McNabb is better than Jake too, but I'm not lauding him either.

Matter of fact all that nonsense you were saying about McNabb, but look at who McNabb has had to work with on offense.

Jake has one of the best WR's in football, and the only means to which he can get him to the damn ball is the heave up a hail mary.

Now is the offseason. He is fully recovered, healthy and undefeated. Why count last month as relevant but not last year or 6 years ago. Both are in the past and have no relevance to the future.

lol if you can't judge a player by what he's done lately, what do you judge him by?

Vinny is fully recovered, healthy, and undefeated too, so I guess we should go get him again huh?

lol if you can't judge a player by what he's done lately, what do you judge him by?

^

Replace Ben with the Steelers and we can agree. Ben won his first last Superbowl with an incredibly poor performance. He was also very average this year as well until the playoffs. His Superbowl performance this year was much better. However, whose Super Bowl stats are better than Ben's? Yeah that would be Jake's. The difference again is that the Steelers had the defense to close it out while we let Brady march down the field. Jake did his part but the defense didn't. And read my previous post. Jake has had 4 winning seasons in a row. Problem is that we can't win without him.

Jake Delhomme's sole turnover was converted into a touchdown by New England, take away that 7 points, everything else happening, and we win. Jake gave his defense bad field position on that score. His game after that turnover though was outstanding, but for that first quarter and a half he couldn't complete any of his passes and the defense was actually containing New England's offense. The score may suggest otherwise, that the defense was routinely getting it's ass beat on every drive, but the defense did shut them out for 2 quarters out of the whole game.

we can't win without him because we've basically ignored QB as long as he's been here.

And Jake should've been benched during the Raiders game after he played more poorly than McNabb. Thanks for pointing out Fox isn't as smart as Reid.

Ohhh so now you're the one going by stats without having a real opinion now eh?

If you have seen Ben's play (which we all have seen plenty of) and Jake's play and tell me they are similar, I will tell you that you have got to be one of the biggest homers there is.

McNabb rebounded and Reid is now a genius. Most times it doesn't work that way which is why conventional wisdom is that benching a quarterback is a bad idea. if it had gone the other way, Reid would be looking for a job.

Actually I saw Ben's play quite a few times this year and they weren't similar. In the regular season Jake was better most of the time. He had some very poor games as did Ben. But Jake had some great games while Ben was more average and less dynamic. It isn't being a homer, you are a hater and see everything with a skewed perspective. I like Ben and respect him. I only used him as an example to point out that Jake was just as good as he was until the playoffs.

McNabb rebounded and Reid is now a genius. Most times it doesn't work that way which is why conventional wisdom is that benching a quarterback is a bad idea. if it had gone the other way, Reid would be looking for a job.

Actually I saw Ben's play quite a few times this year and they weren't similar. In the regular season Jake was better most of the time. He had some very poor games as did Ben. But Jake had some great games while Ben was more average and less dynamic. It isn't being a homer, you are a hater and see everything with a skewed perspective. I like Ben and respect him. I only used him as an example to point out that Jake was just as good as he was until the playoffs.

HAHHAHAHAHAH

Oh yes that seals it there, Ben is LESS dynamic than Jake.

:rofl:

That tells me all I need to know now.

Holy wow.

Archived