• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say, who wants to read another Cam Newton article?

Sword

I know I do. This one is positive though, sorry.

Whitfield has seen rapid development in a quarterback whom some draft analysts believe could be a top-three draft pick.

"Once we got on the board, he was very bright, very articulate," Whitfield said. "He could not just lay out coverages and where people belong. He could also give you the indicating factors of why this coverage actually is going to wind up rolling down or why this back-side, boundary corner is actually more aggressive than he looks.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/09000d5d81e807ea/article/qb-coach-says-newtons-development-ahead-of-schedule-?module=HP_spotlight

you just breath negativity don't you?

Ever notice how some fans confuse Realist with negativity? If he was anywhere near as good as he thinks he is or as some fans want to make him out to be, he would be making a ton of jack for a team. This is a QB ran league and you bet your ass they will pay for QB coaches.

Ever notice how some fans confuse Realist with negativity? If he was anywhere near as good as he thinks he is or as some fans want to make him out to be, he would be making a ton of jack for a team. This is a QB ran league and you bet your ass they will pay for QB coaches.

Ever notice how negative fan confuse Pessimism with being a Realist. Funny how that works. :)

Just out of curiosity, what will you do if we do draft Newton? You gonna still be this negative if he's the new face of the franchise?

At that point being a fan will make me hope he becomes what everyone else hopes to. I will hope he could take the reigns of this team and becomes the first elite QB the Panthers have ever let touch a football on their field. I will support him and cheer for him at games and I will pay JR to go to them as much as I don't respect him for what he did last year. I will do my part as a fan. But this goes for any QB that starts, including Clausen.

Still, I don't want him with the first pick.

Interesting connection that Whitfield worked with Phillip Rivers, Rivera so frequently mentions Rivers when talking about the kind of QB he's looking for that Whitfield's work with Cam could carry much more weight for him than normal.

If Cam can ace the chalk talk as this article suggests he should be able to, get ready to see him in a Panthers uniform.

At that point being a fan will make me hope he becomes what everyone else hopes to. I will hope he could take the reigns of this team and becomes the first elite QB the Panthers have ever let touch a football on their field. I will support him and cheer for him at games and I will pay JR to go to them as much as I don't respect him for what he did last year. I will do my part as a fan. But this goes for any QB that starts, including Clausen.

Still, I don't want him with the first pick.

Fair enough.

Archived