• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maycock suggests we take a QB

teeray

Since you guys have been loving Mike Maycock so much.

He just said "At number one you have to decide if Jimmy Clausen is our franchise QB. Because if he is not we got to take one at number one."

You guys have been loving Mike Maycock lately so since he just said that you guys finally ready to draft the QB.

Couldn't imagine a worse year to have QB questions for a franchise at #1. Our owner is running the show at the CBA talks for the owners and would have pretty damn good incite on whether there is football in '11 or not. With the draft order staying the same in '12, we would be in line to take Luck, who is lightyears better than this years' crop of QB's. We could go Fairley, Green, Dareus, Patterson this year and get a true franchise QB in 2012. Kinda hard to gamble in April of 2011, but that has to be in play somewhat I would think.

IF you don't think Jimmy is the guy.

However, he has Gabbert and Locker rated ahead of Newton.

Do I agree? No neccesarily, but I still respect his opinion.

I get Gabbert. I don't agree, but I get it. But until he moves Locker down I can't take him too seriously when it comes to evaluating QB's. He is great across the board. But with QB having listened to him over the last several years I don't have the same trust with him as other positions.

He will adjust his rankings. He has been very hostile toward Cam. Not critical but hostile toward Cam recently. Ever since his media workout. It has gotten to the point where his co-workers are now scared to discuss him and he is qualifying everything Cam does. Maybe he will bring up Jamarcus Russell so he can beat off under his desk about it.

Just my opinion. Maybe since I am a "Nut Hugger" I am just sensitive :):)

I get Gabbert. I don't agree, but I get it. But until he moves Locker down I can't take him too seriously when it comes to evaluating QB's. He is great across the board. But with QB having listened to him over the last several years I don't have the same trust with him as other positions.

He will adjust his rankings. He has been very hostile toward Cam. Not critical but hostile toward Cam recently. Ever since his media workout. It has gotten to the point where his co-workers are now scared to discuss him and he is qualifying everything Cam does. Maybe he will bring up Jamarcus Russell so he can beat off under his desk about it.

Just my opinion. Maybe since I am a "Nut Hugger" I am just sensitive :):)

Hostile? :rolleyes:

Cam jumps a 10' 6 and Maycock immeadiately is like " A GUY FELL IN THE GAUNTLET!!!" Eisen scared to talk about Newton bc Maycock stares him down every time he does.

LOL this is hilarious.

It is a little funny that you are so concerned, yes

Hostile? :rolleyes:

No I like Maycock, but he constantly goes against what other experts says. Which is fine. I like the fact he makes his own decisions and doesn't follow the other guys. That is actually commendable.

Right now he has Dareus over Fairley, Quinn over Bowers, and Locker over Cam.

That in itself doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is when one of these pan out in his favor he goes out every year to tell everybody how he had it right and therefore he is the smartest.

He has discussed both Sam Bradford last year and Cam this year with the same fuggin story.

"Jamarcus Russell had the best workout that I have ever seen. But I said don't take him until the second round. I am so fuggin smart" He said that after Bradford and Cam. Like clockwork.

He was the only one who said that and he deserves credit for that. I just wish the one giving him credit for it wasn't himself every year.

Mayock is widely regarded as one of, if not the best in the business.

A lot of these guys are swayed by agents (Kiper) but he's not.

He's not always right, but he's well respected for a reason.

Not at the QB position IMO. He is great across the board. But I have seen him discuss the QB position the last several years and he doesn't impress me. this is a guy who gad Andre Woodsen as his number 2 QB in 2008 for a while in Matt Ryan's class. Had Brian Brohm, and Dennis Dickson ahead of Joe Flacco.

If he has Locker over Cam at this point. He has little credibility IMO. Locker was awful at the Senior Bowl. He is average on tape.

If he was great at this he would likely be making a lot more money than he is working at the NFL Network.

Archived