• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 61: Bobcats (26-34) @ Los Angeles Lakers (43-19) "Let's try to keep it under 40"

C-A-T-S

Matchups

PG - DJ vs Fisher - Fisher may be able to exploit dj down on the block, but considering he may be thier fifth option on offense, this may not matter. DJ should use his quickness to penetrate the lane.

SG - Hendo Vs Kobe - This has been one of the more entertaining defensive matchups putting hendo on Kobe. Henderson HAS to step his offensive game if the cats wanna have a chance to finish the year on any good note.

SF - Jax vs Artest - Artest's D may be key in slowing jax down a bit. Knowing he may need to bolster the scoring load don't be suprised if the lakers double jax either off kwame with bynum or off hendo with kobe. the lakers will prob try to force kwame or hendo to beat them.

PF - Diaw vs Gasol - Gasol normally has his way down on the block but has settled for jumpers recently in the series. Diaw, like hendo, needs to step up his game if the cats wanna keep this game interesting.

C - Kwame vs Bynum - Bynum dominated inside last game in charlotte, but the Lakers stopped getting him the ball. Considering it is getting to be the home stretch and the Lakers are playing more inspried basketball, don't be suprised if the lakers force it inside (thats what she said) all night.

Overall - the only advantage i see in this game is probably at the pg spot. If jax gets one on one that will be nice, but I don't see the lakers not doubling for long if he gets warm. Diaw, Hendo and a bench contributer have to help dj and jax with the scoring load. Also, the defense has to play inspired and with energy unlike the last few games. This game may turn out to be similar to the magic game. It'll be sorta close, cats hanging around about 9 points down, but won't have the talent down the stretch on the road to pull it out. I hope I'm wrong but even my optimisum isn't very high right now.

No matter what though, LETS GO CATS!!!!!!!

My optimism for this team is at an all-time low right now, and I'm always captain positive, so that's saying something. I'm not crying over the Wallace trade - I understand we need to sacrifice to eventually improve - but the heart of this team went to Portland as well, and with the schedule we have left I don't know how many more wins this team has in it.

Lakers or not, how this team responds fresh off a 40 point ass whipping will tell a lot. Go Cats, keep it respectable.

Yea. I'm just hoping we dont get Cleveland Cav'd, and get blown out by 50 plus. We're obviously not going to the playoffs this year, so these young guys need to just go out there, develop, and get some games under their belt for next year. Hopefully, MJ does something this offseason, because we need some help

Never back down to the Lakers. Never lay down vs. the Lakers. I'm expecting a win. I dont give a damn what happened in Denver. If our guys dont go out there in Staples tonight and fight, I will be highly pissed. Bobcats better show all those movie stars and celebrities what Charlotte is all about. There's no excuse for us not to compete and beat these guys EVER!!! GO BOBCATS!!! GET IT fuging DONE.

The Lakers should win. Every time they play the Cats. But, that aint always the case obviously. The 5 games after the break the Lakes have been focused and playing hard, winning them all.

Are the Lakers looking forward to the Spurs on Sunday? They better not be.

Go Lakers!

Tough loss but you can't knock these guys. They gave huge effort and kept the game within reach until the final min or so, all while jax was out with a strained hammy. Dj white looks like a good player. Still hurts to lose.

Doesn't help that the Refs were biased.

Yeah, i don't like to rag on the refs..but i felt they didn't call a push on gasol (even the lakers broadcast team was saying he got away with one) on a defensive rebound which lead to a 3 pt basketball by blake, and then there was an over the back on bynum which lead to a kobe three and then they called a offensive foul on dj white (who has shown some flashes of being productive) when odom was clearing late and still moving, which took another 2 possibly three points off the board. And that was just in the fourth quater that i remember specifically. The game should have been a hell of a lot closer.

Archived