• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Source: Nobody knows what the hell they are talking about.

Awesomeness!!

If we got Kevin Kolb I would be on board with drafting PP or Green. Kolb is a winner. You can keep bummy ass billy Volek.

have you seen Kolb play?

checks down more than Clausen. D-Jackson would literally be 10 yards behind the nearest defender and Kolb would panic and dump it down. anything less than a 4th for Kolb would be a waste.

I for one thought we had a steal in clausen. I never thought he had alot of talent but was sound in his skills. The fact that everyone was saying he was pro ready ment he was about as good as he was going to be. I never heard anyone say clausen has alot of potential or he had a high ceiling. Freeman on the other hand had a cannon and all the tools to become a good quarterback but was not pro ready.

In his first season it showed he was not ready,but 10 touchdowns looks alot better than 3. I wouldn't be so up in arms about getting a quarterback if clausen showed any signs of hope. He just looked like he didn't belong in the NFL to me.

so you're completely okay with giving up on a QB after a bad rookie season then huh

Bad no.

An inept QB, that has lost the locker room and FO already, that is 6'1, throws side arm, didn't complete a TD pass to a wide receiver, or in a meaningful moment, that couldn't break the 200 yard passing threshold, that made me wish Jake Delhomme was still quarterbacking, that can't use the middle of the field, while a kid with a funky throwing motion coming from a spread option offense lines up under center in Denver for 3 starts and has 8TDs and 3 INTS in those starts.....

And this from the "most pro ready QB in last years class" that was completely outperformed by three spread QBs that were also rookies last year.....

Yeah kinda. Although I don't want Cam, or Gabbert, or Andrew Luck if he had come out, to start at the beginning of next season either.

have you seen Kolb play?

checks down more than Clausen. D-Jackson would literally be 10 yards behind the nearest defender and Kolb would panic and dump it down. anything less than a 4th for Kolb would be a waste.

I disagree. He makes his reads and throws to the open guy. He actually SCANS the field. Check the stats

1197 yards, 7 Tds for Kolb in considerably less games than Pickles.

1558 yards and 3 TD for pickles.

I would take Kolb for as high as a second, then draft AJ Green.

Bad no.

An inept QB, that has lost the locker room and FO already, that is 6'1, throws side arm, didn't complete a TD pass to a wide receiver, or in a meaningful moment, that couldn't break the 200 yard passing threshold, that made me wish Jake Delhomme was still quarterbacking, that can't use the middle of the field, while a kid with a funky throwing motion coming from a spread option offense lines up under center in Denver for 3 starts and has 8TDs and 3 INTS in those starts.....

And this from the "most pro ready QB in last years class" that was completely outperformed by three spread QBs that were also rookies last year.....

Yeah kinda. Although I don't want Cam, or Gabbert, or Andrew Luck if he had come out, to start at the beginning of next season either.

Although I don't want Cam, or Gabbert, or Andrew Luck

I disagree. He makes his reads and throws to the open guy. He actually SCANS the field. Check the stats

1197 yards, 7 Tds for Kolb in considerably less games than Pickles.

1558 yards and 3 TD for pickles.

I would take Kolb for as high as a second, then draft AJ Green.

Peter King already said that a team has a first round pick offer into Philly for Kolb whenever the CBA is resolved. It will take a minimum of giving away a first round pick to get Kolb even if we wanted him. It is too expensive.

Part of Freeman's "success" in his first season was he was allowed to throw the ball. 10/19 says they let him throw...Clausen wasn't allowed to throw the ball, didn't grow last year or get better. But he does have NFL game experience. And if given the time and training to play the game, he could...might!...be a decent QB. Probably the same time and training Cam will need...at least Clausen has a year already under his belt.

Part of Freeman's "success" in his first season was he was allowed to throw the ball. 10/19 says they let him throw...Clausen wasn't allowed to throw the ball, didn't grow last year or get better. But he does have NFL game experience. And if given the time and training to play the game, he could...might!...be a decent QB. Probably the same time a training Cam will need...at least Clausen has a year already under his belt.

So he wasn't allowed to throw the ball and still had 9 picks?!?!?!? YIKES!!!!

Archived