• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Match.com.....Opinions?

boo7382

I am considering going on there and have been told by a couple people that it works pretty well, but I do not know anyone directly who has used it and I don't want to waste my money on this b.s. if it doesn't work.

I searched and saw there were a couple threads about online dating websites, but nothing really helpful for this site specifically.

Have you ever used it?

Did you get good results or was it just a bunch of lame-os who can't get dates IRL?

Did anything positive come out of your experience? ie...relationship,marriage

Do you know others who have used it? What were their experiences/reactions?

Do you really get your first howevermany matches for free or are they just roping you in to pay them money?

Are the surveys/questions you fill out and answer really detailed and require deep thinking?

I used plenty of fish once and did NOT get good results....was basically harassed with messages until I deleted my account....of course, that is a free website.

I'd love suggestions on anything else you have used that has yielded positive results

:hurray: for lameness!

I've used it. I met my current g/f on there. I would say fill out as much info on the survey things. There are better quality people on there because you have to pay for it. Men on plentyoffish are just looking to score some easy ass and the women are just looking for a daddy for their kids. You get what you pay for.

Yeah those are pretty much meat markets. Trust me, I know. I tried it when it very first came out and most of the gals I met there were fine with the dinner, movie, fug and "next".

Years ago I was on Yahoo singles and met a few ok gals but it turned out they were crazy. I mean carazy. It was better than most and they do help you to keep anonyminity (sp?) to protect your self. Not judging everybody but just saying that you need to be careful on those sites.

FWIW, I'm sure quite a few of teh Huddlerz would be more than willing to date you.

I met my girlfriend of 1 year and 11 months on there. We both had a lot of bad dates until we met each other. Now she's been living the dream for 23 months.

Be honest about A) What you look like B) What you want C) What your interests are

My gf (her thoughts might be better) felt like a lot the guys on there were all the same. Boring.

My mother married a man she met through EHarmony.

He is a damned fine fellow who as it turns out I like a whole helluva lot more than I like my mom.

On second thought, I think those 2 people I know used eHarmony.

They have the commercials with actual people on them I think, and my coworker was featured on one of the commercials.

On second thought, I think those 2 people I know used eHarmony.

They have the commercials with actual people on them I think, and my coworker was featured on one of the commercials.

Cant remember if it was Eharmony or Match but my ex lives in NYC and said one of his friends was on the commercial where it was supposed to be a "real" date....

Either way, I guess the commercial doesn't matter as long as it works.

Archived