• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: Risk vs Reward.

Awesomeness!!

Missing on a guy that turns out to be a star hurts for sure. There's no real consensus that Cam is "that guy" though. And there are guys who are expected to be franchise level in next year's draft.

Regardless of who we draft at number one, we need to get a free agent QB for this season.

Agree. Any Qb we pick up in free agency or a more experienced Jimmy should atleast give us a record that keeps out of the top 5 or top 10. That being said I doubt we'll be in position for one of those possible franchise QB's.

There has been no consensus on a QB since Peyton Manning. And even that wasn't consensus bc many thought Leaf would be a better pro.

Now that I think about it the last consensus #1 QB was John Elway.

Even crazy KC Joyner thinks Barkley might surpass Andrew Luck so he is already losing absolute consensus before the 2011 season has even begun. :willy_nilly:

There was this year, but he stayed in school :(

No one should count on getting Luck next season. Yes it's possible, but not likely.

But there will be other options, and not just via the draft.

I get your point, but is there really some law you have to keep the #1 for three years or is it some people need to see 3 years of mediocrity to come to the conclusion. If I were Al Davis I would've cut his ass before I signed him. Who the hell thinks a QB that holds out for his rookie season has his head on straight and will be serious about football. If I draft a guy and he sucks and doesnt improve and gets no respect from the team as a player or leader, cut his ass.

This isn't Madden. Those are million dollar decisions with people's jobs on the line, and it's never so simple as "well, we know he sucks so let's just cut him".

Who isn't a risk? You telling me AJ Green isn't a risk? He cant bust out? Everybody is a risk. Cut the "hes a risk" Bullpoo. Of course he is a risk. Everybody is a fuging risk. His potential far surpasses anybody in this draft.

"Potential" that didn't turn into "production" has gotten more than one guy fired.

Thursday, April 28th, 2011.

Everyone will cry

I'll sigh in relief, either way :lol:

There was this year, but he stayed in school :(

No one should count on getting Luck next season. Yes it's possible, but not likely.

But there will be other options, and not just via the draft.

KC Joyner now says not only is Luck not a once in a decade type talent for the NFL. He might not even be a once in a one year talent in his own conference. :lol: :smilielol5:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6246939

Plus "other options outside the draft" has ruined more franchises than drafting a QB early in the first round.

Kinda like it eventually caught upp with us with us last year

This isn't Madden. Those are million dollar decisions with people's jobs on the line, and it's never so simple as "well, we know he sucks so let's just cut him".

"Potential" that didn't turn into "production" has gotten more than one guy fired.

I'll sigh in relief, either way :lol:

The jobs are really gone when you add losing season on top of losing seasons

KC Joyner now says not only is Luck not a once in a decade type talent for the NFL. He might not even be a once in a one year talent in his own conference. :lol: :smilielol5:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6246939

Plus "other options outside the draft" has ruined more franchises than drafting a QB early in the first round.

all that article goes to show is there could be more options for QB next year.

KC Joyner wouldn't touch Cam Newton in the first round at all, either.

You do know Joyner isn't exactly a big Newton booster, right?

With regard to Barkley, he might be good, but USC quarterbacks make me nervous.

(not quite as much with Carroll gone, but still)

Archived