• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Going to Laugh...

Catalyst

It annoys me how so many posts on this board are now more about the people who support or don't support one prospect or another rather than the prospects themselves.

Same here. I am not against any pick we make, but I do realize that picking Newton will be high risk/high reward. If we pick him, he is going to tie up a lot of our salary cap over the next few years (if there is one) so he had damn well better be worth it. Of course, the same is true no matter who we pick, but with Cam it will be all over the news, but if a DT fails, very few will notice except us.

Good for you.

Then the question will be what all the Cam Supporters do 3 years from now when Cam proved all of us correct.....when he is a bust as a QB.

Read it here yourself folks - NO ULTERIOR MOTIVES. NO PERSONAL HATE. JUST FOOTBALL REASONS. RIGHT?

F*cking pathetic.

Thats funny because you're the main sh** stirrer in the anti-cam vs pro-cam arguements.

That's not true at all. People don't like my analysis of him, which every single "professional" has agreed with, so they decide to attack me and from there on out there was no point in trying to have rational discussions with them. The Cam supporters proved time and time again they could not handle the truth about him and quickly jumped to conclusions about the poster if they disagreed with them. Once that line is crossed and it's apparent no post will be responded to on it's merit, why not mess with these emotional fanboys?

From what Ive seen its the complete opposite. The same group of anti-cam members have taken their time to voice how much they don't want us to take him in just about every cam thread there is.

Most of them voice their opinion that they don't want to draft any QB at all and the fanboys take that as an indictment on Cam for some reason but don't stick up for Gabbert or Mallett when more untrue things are being said about them. They have the personal attachments to players and everyone else wants whats best for the team.

Read it here yourself folks - NO ULTERIOR MOTIVES. NO PERSONAL HATE. JUST FOOTBALL REASONS. RIGHT?

F*cking pathetic.

Good post. I'll give you more "football reasons" not to take him and your only comeback is "excitement, winning, leader" blah blah which don't matter when you come to the next level.

You are fuking pathetic

To try to make this personal is stupid. It is not about being right or sticking it to other Panther fans. If you have character and integrity you find it hard to overlook his character flaws. If you know football, you find it hard to accept the amount of work it will take to make him accurate (52% indoors vs. NOTHING is horrible. Brees hits 65% indoors and has a rush, defensive backs, reads, and visual obstacles). And with all these concerns and more, huggers think they win if we draft him, knowing he has about a 50% chance of succeeding. That is plain old idiocy.

The panther staff gave playbooks to Mallett, Newton, and Gabbert. When they come to Charlotte, their knowledge of the offense (the old offense) will be tested. Rivera said the decision will not be made until the week of the draft.

It seems to me that the media is trying to make Cam a big story because his name has sold papers over the past year. From winning trophies to championships to stolen computers to NCAA investigations to self-proclaimed icon status, they are forcing questions on the Panthers about him. 52% completion rate vs. air. Red flags. Mechanical problems. And many are SO certain that he is the answer and the pick. Wow. Hurney's job is on the line. He will gamble with the pick, be it a trade or taking a QB, but I do not see him or JR giving this guy the keys to the family car. Maybe they will, but if so, it will cost people their jobs eventually.

Just because some have said we won't pick Cam, doesn't mean poo. Most will still support him and the team. But thanks for starting another useless race baiting thread.

holy poo did someone actually put logic into this?

didn't fuggin think it was possible.

There's been virtually zero reports that the Panthers are seriously considering anybody else. It's not a smokescreen. He will be the pick.

Rivera and other Panthers' coaches and officials were in Missouri last weekend to meet with Gabbert, who had a strong showing at his pro day after he chose not to throw at the combine.

Rivera called Gabbert a "good-sized guy" at 6-foot-5 and 234 pounds with a strong arm, nice touch and good footwork, but he was most impressed with the intangibles.

"He had good presence. That's probably the biggest thing I remember was his presence. We went to dinner with him first, then we had an opportunity to visit with him in the classroom. And he had a pretty relaxed way about him. He was confident. That was interesting," Rivera said on the final day of the owners meetings.

"Then kind of seeing how he was when he came in the next morning to work out, and watch him interact with the people that were there. He was solid. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but he was good."

Good enough to with the top pick?

Rivera was not going to tip his hand, but he said Gabbert's high school background in a pro-style offense was evident.

"When you watched him under center and watched the way he went back, you could tell he had experience in it," he said. "He looked fluid."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/22/2164078/missouris-gabbert-impresses-rivera.html#ixzz1Hjwwr58i

I have no problem with Cam haters or whatever you want to call them. My problem is the people that think Blaine is a better QB than Cam. You know, the same people that feel wonderlic test scores, Combine and Pro Day workouts carry more weight than game tape. I'm cool with any of the top 7 guys with the exception of Blaine and Bowers.

I have no problem with Cam haters or whatever you want to call them. My problem is the people that think Blaine is a better QB than Cam. You know, the same people that feel wonderlic test scores, Combine and Pro Day workouts carry more weight than game tape. I'm cool with any of the top 7 guys with the exception of Blaine and Bowers.

There is a difference when they talk about better college QB or better NFL prospect.

Put it another way, and I think Clausen was awful last year, but see the potential:

Jimmy Clausen as a rookie in the NFL playing behind three reserve linemen, throwing to 2 rookie WRs, and often with the third string running back. He had to read defensive backs, avoid the rush, and manage the game (playbook, motions, clock management)

The result: 52.5% completion rate----not very good. Clausen must go.

Cam Newton at the NFL combine had no wind, no clocks or formation adjustments, no reads, no rush, no visual obstacles, no wind or weather of any kind. In fairness to Cam, he did not know the WRs. (Clausen didn't know the first team WRs either when he came in, but still he sucks)

The result: 52% completion rate----"This is our guy. Draft him #1 overall!!!!"

Good post. I'll give you more "football reasons" not to take him and your only comeback is "excitement, winning, leader" blah blah which don't matter when you come to the next level.

You are fuking pathetic

I'm sorry, my hate translator is broke. What did you say in English?

I'm guessing you were personally offended and decided to play internet knight for your anti-cam butt buddy.

Archived