• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Cam is a Bust?

Catalyst

I disagree; Russell's problems have everything to do with lack of dedication and character. Young... well, he does seem like he has some mental issues he needs to work on. Having people worried he might try and kill himself, saying he wanted to retire, and the latest incident with the shoulder pads. He just seems to have some emotional problems. He also has never struck me as the smartest guy in the world, TBH.

But Russell? Yeah, he was just lazy and didn't want it.

Cam? I have no reason to believe any of these are issues with him. I honestly don't know where that comes from, TBH. Just watching an interview with the guy tells you he's MUCH more intelligent than VY and a LOT more driven than Russell. I remember watching Russell's interview just after being drafted and thinking how apathetic he seemed, having just fulfilled what should be one of any good QB's major life goals and he just seemed like they might just as well had asked him what time it was.

It is definitely fair to attribute Russell's lack of success to dedication and character. But, I tend to believe, (and this may be due to a history of addiction in my family) that those two issues were predicated by his isuues with addiction.

As for Cam, as I said, the only issue I have with him, off the field, is who he surrounds himself with. A highly successful guy (in college), surrounded by yes-men can lead to ego problems. And if that were my only slight on him, I would take him in a heartbeat. I just don't believe that his tools translate to the NFL.

When Mike Vick was in Atlanta he went to3 pro bowls and was an MVP candidate one season. If that is a bust than 99.9% QBs have no chance by your standards.

I also think he went to the playoffs every year but once when he was healthy and tyat year Jim Mora Jr was the problem not Vick.

When Mike Vick was in Atlanta he went to3 pro bowls and was an MVP candidate one season. If that is a bust than 99.9% QBs have no chance by your standards.

I also think he went to the playoffs every year but once when he was healthy and tyat year Jim Mora Jr was the problem not Vick.

Vick brought the Falcons to the playoffs in 2002 and 2004, so 2 out of 5 years. I can't remember if he was hurt the other three, but if he was, wouldn't being hurt three out of six years tend towards the bust category. As for pro bowls, Derek Anderson's got one of those. Again, I am not saying that Vick is a bust. But, for all intents and purposes, he was a bust for Atlanta.

Just because Mike Vick made the probowl in 2003+04 doesn't mean anything. His game was ultimately figured out. The only reason he is as good as he is now is because he finally learned how to become a pass in Philadelphia.

You guys are dillusional. Revisionist history. :mad5:

If Cam turns out as "bad" as Vick was in Atlanta I'm am ready to sign him right now...... if there were a CBA. :p

Actually if Newton was anything close to Vick, I would be extremely angry. Vick totallly embraced the gansta mentality, went on to give the finger to the home crowd when they heckled him, was caught with drug paraphenalia at the airport and so forth.

He was not a great player and a pretty poor role model. He even admitted he diddn't work hard in Atlanta to get better.

Anyone who wants Newton to be anything like Vick needs to re-examine their stance.

Archived