• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock Warming to Cam Newton

mav1234

Mayock's moved Cam Newton past Jake Locker. Big surprise, lol.

Said it on Path to the Draft, not sure if an NFL.com link is up yet.

He still has Cam below Gabbert, and I don't really expect that to change. Mayock is extremely high on Gabbert.

His reason for it was basically that he thought Cam was further along, mechanics wise, than The Golden Calf of Bristol/Young were at this point... also said something about dotting i's and crossing t's.

Mayocks only knock on Newton now is will he still be as motivated when he hits pay dirt.Some how everything else has improved.

I still cannot get on the Newton bandwagon.I agree with what Kurt Warner said about running QBs."When was the last time one won a superbowl."They are not as likely to look past the second receiver before taking off. My concern is he seems to be a prima donna.I hope I am wrong because if we do not trade down it appears we may grab him.The good news he has incredible upside and if does not work as QB he could make a good tight end.

Gabbert you mean the guy with the 'happy feet' and unimpressive stats and had one of the top TE for the 2012 NFL draft to throw to? And don't even let me start on his deep pass.

please talk about his "deep pass" because from every NFL analyst and scout that have made comments about him, they all agree he has the arm to make ALL the throws.

The guy also in that video was recommending that Newton brings that Auburn offense with him, that they start to implement the college spread offense in with the normal pro style. Because "that's what the Titans did with Vince Young". If Newton comes to Carolina he needs to be committed to learning the Pro game and working hard as hell to become the best he can be, we don't need a Dwayne Jarett at QB.

The guy also in that video was recommending that Newton brings that Auburn offense with him, that they start to implement the college spread offense in with the normal pro style. Because "that's what the Titans did with Vince Young". If Newton comes to Carolina he needs to be committed to learning the Pro game and working hard as hell to become the best he can be, we don't need a Dwayne Jarett at QB.

Brian Baldinger. And yeah, that part is not happening.

Archived