• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else wants Lucas out of a Panthers uniform?

gorillamilitia13

I dont blame Godfrey for the mistakes being made by Lucas. He is a veterain and knows he has a rookie to help him out. It is up to him to step it up, and lead by example. On that note no one is able to blame Godfrey for Gambles mistakes because he is not getting burned like Lucas. He has stepped up his game.

But I am not ready to give up on Lucas I like him as a player and a person. He is on another level from Marshal, who got burned at least 3 times Monday night. Marshal is not ready to be a staring corner. I think we are over paying for Lucas, but as long as it does not stop us from signing Pep and Gross, I could care less what he makes.

let me see if I understand....per the board....

DeAngelo sucked, Stewart needs to start.

then, Stewart sucks and was a wasted pick.

then, we have to #1 caliber RBs

Otah is a beast, then we wasted our pick on an injury prone guy, now he is a beast again.

Jake sucks, is good, sucks, repeat.

Lucas is a shutdown corner...now is garbage.

ALL THAT IN A YEAR.

Saying all the times Lucas has been abused would be no different than saying all picks are Jake's fault. If Lucas has a couple picks Sunday then Godfrey will be public enemy number 1 of the week. I still believe it is the defensive scheme and not talent causing the problems.....Gamble has gotten beat just as easily this year.

I rewatched the game last night. Lucas got scored on twice I believe... the 1t one there was a PI call on it... to me it looked like Lucas got pushed down by the WR... refs missed the call and called Lucas for the PI when it should have gone against his man...

The second one was when Garcia scrambled... which makes it very hard to maintain coverage... and even then the WR made an insane one handed layout grab...

Otherwise I saw a lot of blown coverage btwn him and Godfrey... they got turned around on who should cover who. Fix that miscommunication issue and the secondary will look much better... but right now I think Lucas is having a hard time working with Godfrey b/c he is not sure where he is gonna be from play to play.

This thread is garbage. People on here were wanting J. Stewart to be the starter over D-will a few weeks ago aswell. Bench jake bench so and so etc.... We are 10-3 and in position for home field. When one isnt doing well they other one steps up. I like the whole team as it is.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The best thing that ever happened to Ken Lucas was getting his face caved in by Steve. Because then he became a sympathic figure in the fans eyes. Think about it. Before training camp started who was the least popular Panther with the fans? Anyone who doesn't say Ken Lucas is a flat out liar.

Lucas was no where near my least favorite and I'm not lying.

Lucas had one horrific year, but has been pretty solid this year. Outside of this Bucs game, it's Marshall that's getting picked on and beat the most. I wonder if last week's knock to the head had anything to do with this week's performance? Lucas didn't even speak to anyone in the lockerroom after the game; he just showered, got dressed and went home.

The hit in the head last week could have had something to do with it, he looked out of it from time to time for sure. If we used Lucas right, since he's a press corner, you'd realize he's a good player, but we don't, so he's been "decent" here when he could have made pro-bowls elsewhere. I don't know if it's worth paying someone we don't use correctly. But I mean, we'll end up doing this with Peppers.

Archived