• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The spirit of John Fox lives on?

Udogg

people have just been spoonfed over time that if your team braintrust always plays it safe you'll watch them have plenty of success.

I mean just look at the decision-making suggestions people have that consist of getting back to contender level while stretching commitment and investment until it is literally insignificant relative to previous levels (i.e. trading down because no.1 pick holds just too much value to put into ANY pick, trading for Palmer while somehow getting more picks while restructuring his contract to the absolute least they think he'll play for, etc.) With these people infeasibility is basically nonexistent, as long as it lessens commitment and investment the FO should do it.

Sorry, wrong.

It has nothing to do with being afraid, or playing it safe. It has to do with a difference of opinion about the available players.

Some of us believe that the best players available at a need position is Marcell Dareus, or Patrick Peterson, or A J Green. Therefore, those are the players we want to see drafted.

You can disagree with that belief if you want to. What you can't do is deny that we believe it. Saying "you don't really believe that, it's actually because of this" makes you sound like a total idiot. Accepting that it's a valid difference of opinion? Much more sensible.

(don't get what's so difficult to understand about that)

Are there a trillion possible names?

Yes. in fact there are 4,324,875,218,999 names that exist in the world.

believe it or not, first one ever created was Panthro.

Sorry, wrong.

It has nothing to do with being afraid, or playing it safe. It has to do with a difference of opinion about the available players.

Some of us believe that the best players available at a need position is Marcell Dareus, or Patrick Peterson, or A J Green. Therefore, those are the players we want to see drafted.

You can disagree with that belief if you want to. What you can't do is deny that we believe it. Saying "you don't really believe that, it's actually because of this" makes you sound like a total idiot. Accepting that it's a valid difference of opinion? Much more sensible.

(don't get what's so difficult to understand about that)

I don't know if you both are talking definitions here or the aspect of fear..

but this is spot on with posts I see on the forum..

I mean just look at the decision-making suggestions people have that consist of getting back to contender level while stretching commitment and investment until it is literally insignificant relative to previous levels (i.e. trading down because no.1 pick holds just too much value to put into ANY pick, trading for Palmer while somehow getting more picks while restructuring his contract to the absolute least they think he'll play for, etc.)

I think the people who always say this have no idea what is really involved in accomplishing such a goal. (getting a vet to sign the minimum we can offer)

Sorry, wrong.

1. Cornerback isn't a pressing need.

2. As talented a WR can be, as long as your QB position is in turmoil the offense will always struggle (ask Calvin Johnson)

So you don't acknowledge that there are people that do this. While you're at it, go ahead and argue that trading down, acquiring a "key" player you have your eye on and making your pick of what is left of what you think is a similar pool of talent left isn't as risky as just going ahead and taking the no.1 pick. You're getting pissy because what I referenced I'm almost sure was posted with your name on it not too long ago. So you think Mike Brown is such an idiot even if Carson Palmer is not bluffing he'll realize that before the draft, for the Panthers' convenience of course.

There's a difference between what a panthers fan's perceived market value of a player and his real market value/the market value of a player by the other team's FO. I'm not sure what Mike Brown's assessment of Palmer's value is, but it's not giving him up and your 4th overall pick for the no.1 overall, like what has been suggested here.

I'm not sure what Mike Brown's assessment of Palmer's value is, but it's not giving him up and your 4th overall pick for the no.1 overall, like what has been suggested here.

This suggestion was also made by various media folks. I don't see it as likely to happen at all, but I thought I'd mention it wasn't JUST people on this board.

Many of the people who have mentioned that have said "As unlikely as it is, would you do it if you could?" as opposed to "Man no way they don't take this deal!!!"

So you don't acknowledge that there are people that do this. While you're at it, go ahead and argue that trading down, acquiring a "key" player you have your eye on and making your pick of what is left of what you think is a similar pool of talent left isn't as risky as just going ahead and taking the no.1 pick. You're getting pissy because what I referenced I'm almost sure was posted with your name on it not too long ago. So you think Mike Brown is such an idiot even if Carson Palmer is not bluffing he'll realize that before the draft, for the Panthers' convenience of course.

There's a difference between what a panthers fan's perceived market value of a player and his real market value/the market value of a player by the other team's FO. I'm not sure what Mike Brown's assessment of Palmer's value is, but it's not giving him up and your 4th overall pick for the no.1 overall, like what has been suggested here.

Are there people who "do this"? Derned if I know.

What I dispute is the ability of anyone on here to read their minds and say that they are.

I've posted what I'd like for us to do. Will it happen? Don't know. Neither do you.

It's all just opinions (which is kinda the point of a discussion forum).

Archived