• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Weight without losing muscle (the little I have)

The Saltman

So I have finally decided this beer gut has to go. I know for most men out there the best thing to do is to just eat protein, while keeping carbs and fat to a minimum. Basically weight train to bulk and then go on a cutting phase. But for me I need to lose fat more then anything so going on a bulking phase is not an option at this time.

My plan is to go on a strict 1800-2000 calorie diet with a 5 day workout plan consisting of 3 days of weight training and 2 days of cardio. My only draw back is that Im trying to cut costs at home so I do not have a gym membership. I do however have a bench and dumbbells and will just use them for now for about 6 months. I have already made a meal plan for 24 weeks that I pretty much stole off of the internet which consists of 50% good carbs 33% protein and 17% fat.

So that's my plan so far.

Any suggestions?

P.S. im 29, weighing about 182 lbs and 5'9

I've been riding my mountain bike a lot. I ride anywhere from 5-10 miles several times a week. I'm amazed at how much it has toned up my upper body as well as shrank my waist. Not riding on rough trails either - mostly level paved surfaces.

cardio cardio cardio. the BIGGEST misconception in losing a gut or weight in general is to go and lift weights.

gotta burn those calories and fat FIRST salt.

nowadays, grab some dvd's and you can accomplish tons just in your own home. i would also toss playing a sport a couple of times a week. soccer being the biggest

Archived