• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Losing Weight without losing muscle (the little I have)

The Saltman

You're not short Im 5'6".

But on topic I could never fully get rid of my gut even in the Army. I always had a little stomach. That was with running 45 minutes 3 days a week.

Don't fret Squirrel Hitler, Napoleon and Kim Jong-il have all risen to great power while being less than tall.

• 2 weeks later...

lol you know what I mean. I just wanna get rid of this beer belly, plain and simple.

Saltman.....how's it working out for ya?

I need to know. I've got to start a little exercise program myself.

I read where people are saying eat 6 meals aday.......anybody have any meal plans they'd like to share?

I;m looking at starting out with a walk/run 5 days a week.

I'm an old man here so I'm going to start slow.......haven't been in a gym in 20 yrs. I think it's time to get back.

Less beer, less bread, mountain biking, protein, P90X, and just a simple healthy diet did it for me. From 185 to 155 retaining most of my muscle and I actually PR'd in lifting 2 weeks ago. Didn't take up too much time and this is over the course of about a year and a half

i started going back to the gym the past month and i've put on like 10 lbs of muscle using liquid amino supplements, whey protein, mass gainer, bcaa's and glutamine

memorial day weekend AKA guido new year is fast approaching and i've got to look ripped for the beach

Less beer, less bread, mountain biking, protein, P90X, and just a simple healthy diet did it for me. From 185 to 155 retaining most of my muscle and I actually PR'd in lifting 2 weeks ago. Didn't take up too much time and this is over the course of about a year and a half

Let's not go overboard here.

I read where people are saying eat 6 meals aday.......anybody have any meal plans they'd like to share?

I'm an old man here so I'm going to start slow.......haven't been in a gym in 20 yrs. I think it's time to get back.

Going ok. Still having problems with the diet part but im kicking ass with the cardio and the weights. Burning about 300 calories avg every time I go running.

Im just taking it one day at a time. But concerning the meal plan I havent really gotten into it. Ive just focused on eating better and not eating fast food and keeping the beer to a minimum. Lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks so im happy.

PS. I was really out of shape so when I started I just walked about a mile and a half each day for 2 weeks. Then got into the weight training and the cardio on alternating days with 2 days of rest in between.

Good luck buddy.

6 small meals a day is a must..

also, I wouldn't expect many people to be all about this, but I saw great results back in the day when I was disciplined enough to do it.

a little explanation:

http://www.glutenfreefitness.com/non-celiac-athletes-going-gluten-free-is-there-a-performance-benefit-part-1/

more detailed info:

http://www.glutenfreefitness.com/gluten-free-and-fit-basics/

(the website is just one I googled for information.. there are plenty more out there)

Going ok. Still having problems with the diet part but im kicking ass with the cardio and the weights. Burning about 300 calories avg every time I go running.

Im just taking it one day at a time. But concerning the meal plan I havent really gotten into it. Ive just focused on eating better and not eating fast food and keeping the beer to a minimum. Lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks so im happy.

PS. I was really out of shape so when I started I just walked about a mile and a half each day for 2 weeks. Then got into the weight training and the cardio on alternating days with 2 days of rest in between.

Good luck buddy.

I go back and forth. When I'm working out I struggle to eat well, when I'm not working out I eat really healthy. If I could just put the two together I'd be awesome. :mad: Oh well :cheers2: Glad to hear it's going well, keep it up!

Archived