• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seen my front door knob moving!!

Carolina Mike II

I was in the "greeting room" on the phone talking to my father. I noticed the front door knob start moving! While on the phone with my dad I yelled "Get the gun!!" The knob stopped moving and I ran to get one of the many guns I own. After turning on all the outside lights to my house I took my 9mm and walked around outside and found nothing. My neighbor was in his garage cleaning so I asked him if he had seen anything. (He is a local cop) with his garage lights on and it being pitch black outside he did not see anything. I found out that a few blocks away from my house there has been a few break-ins lately.

That Mother Fuger better not come back now b/c I will have no problem greeting him with lead as a Hello!!! I'm so mad right now and thought typing this would help....thanks for listen. :D

Careful... the NC Castle Doctrine still states that you can't run outside of your home to put some holes in an intruder. At that point (outside), the intruder is not an intruder and you become the aggressor.

However, a piece of his fingernail inside your dwelling is unlawful entry. I believe a new law was passed, but the old law where you must be actually defending yourself or family from actual harm is still in effect.

I had bought Halogen motion censor lights for the outside of my house...only problem is I touched each light bar as I put them in (I know DUMBA$$..Right) so needless to say they don't work right now. I have been to Lowe's twice each day for the last four days getting other things completely forgetting about getting new bulbs. Looks like I will be making another trip to Lowe's in the morning. Not a bad thing as I LOVE going to Lowe's...LOL

Oh... in that case... Texas law says they only have to attempt to enter before you can use force.

I feel safe in the area I live as here is the list of neighbors I have....02 USBP Agents, 01 Sheriff, 01 Local city cop and a ICE Agent. The others are a Truck driver, Fire fighter, High School Basketball coach and Air Force guy. Only problem is just down the road the other area is getting a little rough as the homes are getting foreclosed. There have been a few break-ins lately and two have been during the day near noon.....strange....

Hidden

I was in the "greeting room" on the phone talking to my father. I noticed the front door knob start moving! While on the phone with my dad I yelled "Get the gun!!" The knob stopped moving and I ran to get one of the many guns I own. After turning on all the outside lights to my house I took my 9mm and walked around outside and found nothing. My neighbor was in his garage cleaning so I asked him if he had seen anything. (He is a local cop) with his garage lights on and it being pitch black outside he did not see anything. I found out that a few blocks away from my house there has been a few break-ins lately.

That Mother Fuger better not come back now b/c I will have no problem greeting him with lead as a Hello!!! I'm so mad right now and thought typing this would help....thanks for listen. :D

you should have opened the door first and then got your gun..

I had bought Halogen motion censor lights for the outside of my house...only problem is I touched each light bar as I put them in (I know DUMBA$$..Right) so needless to say they don't work right now. I have been to Lowe's twice each day for the last four days getting other things completely forgetting about getting new bulbs. Looks like I will be making another trip to Lowe's in the morning. Not a bad thing as I LOVE going to Lowe's...LOL

I also put a door reinforcer on my back door and front. They cost a lot, but I think it's well worth it.

EDIT: You can find them at home depot

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Safety-Security-Home-Safety-Door-Window-Security/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5Zarpm/R-202076114/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Archived