• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dropping the team over a draft pick

The Saltman

depends why he moved and how it worked out as to how I'd react. in general I can say I would likely drop the team but there could be circumstances that would make me stay with them relating to changing landscape of the NFL etc that some have predicted.

are you telling me if they moved to LA or Kentucky, essentially giving the fans and the city a giant middle finger, you'd still be a "die hard?"

I sure as hell wouldn't be.

Ask George Shinn how that move to New Orleans worked out for him.

I'm talking about THIS TEAM - THE CAROLINA PANTHERS. NOT THE LOS ANGELES PANTHERS OR OKLAHOMA CITY PANTHERS.

That my friend, is an entire different story. I hate to admit it, but I was really hoping New Orleans was going to lose the Hornets because of finances since it started getting reported how bad off they were. And George Shinn and Woolridge are b*tches. F*ck both of them.

If the team moved, that's a different story. Then it's not the same team/franchise due to location and probably ownership, logo, colors, etc.

Comparing a football team to your mother is a ridiculous mindset. I'll probably always be a Panthers fan, but you have to admit they've been making it hard to stay excited lately.

No it's not. They are a part of who I am and what I'm about (except I like to #WIN :lol:). Only thing that would turn me against them is they abandoned me and moved. I take pride in all that I am, and part of who I am are the teams that represent me. I don't find it ridiculous.

Newton isn't my first choice at #1, but if he's drafted I really think he's going to be a fun player to root for. Easy to get behind a guy who can do the things Newton can do, has the potential that he has, and has the attitude that he has.

We've never really dealt with long-term futility. The Panthers have never been great, but they've been good about avoiding consecutive years of misery. Usually it's 7-9, with an occasional playoff year and an occasional bottom-feeder year. I don't think Charlotte would support an NFL franchise if it went 4-12 every season, which could start happening if we f-up this draft.

Archived