• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can anyone tell me if Cam met with coaches or received a playbook?

DoWorkBson

what he needs to do is find an old coryell coach who is out of the NFL who can teach him the in and outs while this lockout goes through..if there's anyone out there that is..

Methinks that unless the Panthers have advised against it in favor of someone else or against anyone altogether, he'll still be working with George Whitfield until the stay is either denied or the lockout permanently lifted and business resumes as usual.

Also wouldn't be shocked if he started working out with some of his new teammates. Don't know how likely that is, but I'd applaud the first player to step up and invite Cam for a workout or to throw the ball.

Methinks that unless the Panthers have advised against it in favor of someone else or against anyone altogether, he'll still be working with George Whitfield until the stay is either denied or the lockout permanently lifted and business resumes as usual.

Also wouldn't be shocked if he started working out with some of his new teammates. Don't know how likely that is, but I'd applaud the first player to step up and invite Cam for a workout or to throw the ball.

Whitfield tweeted tonight that he's going to start working with Cam in a week.

We should "fire" Chud and Shula so they can work with Cam during the lockout and then hire them back when it's over, LOL

what he needs to do is find an old coryell coach who is out of the NFL who can teach him the in and outs while this lockout goes through..if there's anyone out there that is..

Actually, there happens to be one living in the Charlotte area... Gibbs

I think Ron Rivera ought to consider hiring this up and coming QB coach to continue refining Cam's skills.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/30/sports/football/30rhoden.html?_r=1

Cam needs to have a healthy, balanced life leading up to Week 1, but when he's working on his football skills he needs to work HARD at it. I want him to know that playbook backwards and forwards. He needs to show solid, measurable progress in all aspects of his game every week. All the little things. The agility drills and strength training too. Everything.

Cam and the coaches need to design the best possible offensive system they can. Maybe for 2011, they can start out with relatively simple plays in OTAs and training camp and then just keeping adding more and more complex plays as Cam proves he can execute them. Cam needs to give his input to the coaches. Cam knows what types of plays are most likely to be successful in his rookie year.

does whitfield just work on mechanics and drops or does he do x's and o's too I wonder..or does his other coach handle the cerebral stuff.

I remember reading somewhere--can't remember so I can't source it... that Whitfield and Cam were focusing on 5 players in film sessions--Roethlisberger, Hasselbeck, Rivers, Brady and Manning. Whitfield and Newton studied each of the 5 to pick up subtle things that they did which made them successful. For Hasselbeck, IIRC, they noticed he would do something with his shoulders to throw defenders off. With Rivers, it was his ability to step up in the pocket and keep his eyes downfield. So as I understand it, Whitfield is a coach for Newton who does a little bit of everything.

I'm not sure to what extent Moon actually works with Newton on mechanics. I always thought Moon was a sort of mentor as opposed to a quote-unquote coach.

Whitfield tweeted tonight that he's going to start working with Cam in a week.

Thanks for confirming that!

• 4 months later...

Jimmy has spent as much time with this new offense as Cam, and as Moore, and as Pike. ZERO, I don't know how we can be competitive in the division this season no matter how good Newton might be

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just need to say THAT NEW OFFENSE HappyPanther... thanks for the negative swag for my comment about having a new offense. Someone please swag me for the rep I lost months ago lol

Fyi I still stand by the can't be competitive this year statement but Cam looks pretty damn good

Archived