• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4: Panthers Select Brandon Hogan

Car123

I don't understand this pick when Brandon Burton from Utah was still on the board, he is a better player with no character issues and no injuries. Instead of Burton we go with a guy Hogan with a blown ACL and some DUI's. WTF

Blew his ACL late in the season wont play til the middle of the season.

Maybe, maybe not.

http://www2.insidenova.com/sports/2011/feb/23/brandon-hogan-ready-make-impression-nfl-combine-ar-863632/

The day West Virginia University took the field for its bowl game Dec. 28 in Orlando against North Carolina State, Brandon Hogan was in Dallas having knee surgery.

With an estimated recovery time of at least four months, Hogan would be unable to work out at the Senior Bowl in January and at this week’s NFL Combine, two prime opportunities for draft prospects to showcase their skills.

he is a young guy, conceivably could be ready for camp 8 months after surgery.

I don't understand this pick when Brandon Burton from Utah was still on the board, he is a better player with no character issues and no injuries. Instead of Burton we go with a guy Hogan with a blown ACL and some DUI's. WTF

not according to hurney and the scouts...i'll trust their opinion over yours

From same link posted above...

Nor does anyone question his toughness. In the first half against UNLV Oct. 9, Hogan tore his bicep and sat out the entire second half. But five days later, he was back in the lineup for the South Florida game.

Thats pretty bad ass. Maybe some of that will rub off on Otah.

Archived