• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pep just got exposed

RSXNova

Worth remembering that GMs don't necessarily turn to sportscasters for analysis.

I agree...most personnel guys see Peppers getting stonewalled by much lesser tackles. Clady is at least a beast.

To make a point with more relevance they should have showed tape from these games:

at SD (1tkl, 0 sacks)

Backup tackle at Chicago (3 tkl, 0 sacks)

Tampa Bay (5 tkl, 0 sacks)

KC (1 tkl, 1 sack yeah!) 1 sack that was your only tackle?

2nd Atlanta falcon game(3 tkl, 0 sacks)

....and both Arizona games...whole lotta nothing

He got 7 of his sacks in three games: Oakland, Detroit and Green bay. Those were his only multiple sack games. None of those teams were in the playoffs....not worth the cash.

I agree...most personnel guys see Peppers getting stonewalled by much lesser tackles. Clady is at least a beast.

To make a point with more relevance they should have showed tape from these games:

at SD (1tkl, 0 sacks)

Backup tackle at Chicago (3 tkl, 0 sacks)

Tampa Bay (5 tkl, 0 sacks)

KC (1 tkl, 1 sack yeah!) 1 sack that was your only tackle?

2nd Atlanta falcon game(3 tkl, 0 sacks)

....and both Arizona games...whole lotta nothing

He got 7 of his sacks in three games: Oakland, Detroit and Green bay. Those were his only multiple sack games. None of those teams were in the playoffs....not worth the cash.

That's a fuging joke. I can do the same thing with Haynesworth:

@Cin 1 tkl, 0 sacks

@Det 1 tkl, 0 sacks

Green Bay 2 tkls, 0 sacks.

Cleveland 3 tkls, 0 sacks....etc...etc....etc.

In fact they had the same number of tackles. Haynesworth had 6 less sacks and 2 less forced fumbles.

That's a f*cking joke. I can do the same thing with Haynesworth:

@Cin 1 tkl, 0 sacks

@Det 1 tkl, 0 sacks

Green Bay 2 tkls, 0 sacks.

Cleveland 3 tkls, 0 sacks....etc...etc....etc.

In fact they had the same number of tackles. Haynesworth had 6 less sacks and 2 less forced fumbles.

Yea, that's for a guy who play's DT, second he only plays around 60 - 65 percent of the snaps.

Oh so it would be smarter to just let him walk with no compensation at all. Riiight.:ihih: You should be our GM.

Much smarter.

The "compensation" is focusing on the rest of the team and its gaps. You know. The ones who want to be here. Additional compensation is not to have to get caught up in a dramatic soap opera and being somewhat handcuffed while other opportunities come and go.

You people are greedy and think this guy is gonna be the motherload and he just isn't. He is a huge question mark for us and sure to be a bigger one next season if he's still here. He's not a leader. He wants to change positions. He is 29.

His worth is basically all on his potential on this new team in a new position in a new scheme. He wants primo money and there is plenty of film that shows what looks like him taking a play off here and there. He can say one thing as to why. We can say another. The suitor will say a third. The media will drag it through the mud. And a slimy agent will do whatever he can to run the necessary interference to elongate this entire process in effort to fatten his cut.

That is why the Steelers let kids with issues walk when their time is up instead of pimping them out all summer and wasting effort and time trying to convince the NFL that the guy you are not committed to keeping on your squad is the best thing since sliced bread.

exhibits A and B:

Plaxico Burress

Joey Porter

There are plenty of questions about his potential that keep this thing from turning out the way you want it to and what all that equates to is that this thing is gonna be a mess we could have rid ourselves of and sent a message to the league that we just don't think the guy is that valuable in spite of his "athletic ability"

Now we have conflicting media perspectives and vocal team mates injecting doubt into the situation about his intent.

this does not really help his marketability by the way

Get yer ******* popcorn ready. This will be nothing short of T.O./Brett Favre material.

...but I am one of the worst posters here according to some so take all that with a grain of salt <rollseyes>

Bottom line....franchising Peppers is not going to make us any better of a team than we were last season and if you think it will I'll be awaiting your theory.

oh, to the clown who quoted this same post I did and added the superbly written and ingeniously prepared "Burn" with a smiley:

You are my hero. I am in awe of your courage. Don't ever let anyone ever tell you you can't do something. And you can be anything you want when you grow up.

Much smarter.

The "compensation" is focusing on the rest of the team and its gaps. You know. The ones who want to be here. Additional compensation is not to have to get caught up in a dramatic soap opera and being somewhat handcuffed while other opportunities come and go.

You people are greedy and think this guy is gonna be the motherload and he just isn't. He is a huge question mark for us and sure to be a bigger one next season if he's still here. He's not a leader. He wants to change positions. He is 29.

His worth is basically all on his potential on this new team in a new position in a new scheme. He wants primo money and there is plenty of film that shows what looks like him taking a play off here and there. He can say one thing as to why. We can say another. The suitor will say a third. The media will drag it through the mud. And a slimy agent will do whatever he can to run the necessary interference to elongate this entire process in effort to fatten his cut.

That is why the Steelers let kids with issues walk when their time is up instead of pimping them out all summer and wasting effort and time trying to convince the NFL that the guy you are not committed to keeping on your squad is the best thing since sliced bread.

exhibits A and B:

Plaxico Burress

Joey Porter

There are plenty of questions about his potential that keep this thing from turning out the way you want it to and what all that equates to is that this thing is gonna be a mess we could have rid ourselves of and sent a message to the league that we just don't think the guy is that valuable in spite of his "athletic ability"

Now we have conflicting media perspectives and vocal team mates injecting doubt into the situation about his intent.

this does not really help his marketability by the way

Get yer ******* popcorn ready. This will be nothing short of T.O./Brett Favre material.

...but I am one of the worst posters here according to some so take all that with a grain of salt <rollseyes>

Bottom line....franchising Peppers is not going to make us any better of a team than we were last season and if you think it will I'll be awaiting your theory.

oh, to the clown who quoted this same post I did and added the superbly written and ingeniously prepared "Burn" with a smiley:

You are my hero. I am in awe of your courage. Don't ever let anyone ever tell you you can't do something. And you can be anything you want when you grow up.

this guy is intense.

@GB 0tkl 0sacks

@NO 2tkl 0sacks

@TB 2tkl 0sacks

@JAC 3tkl 0sacks

ATL 2tkl 0sacks

He had 8.5 of his 14.5 sacks in 4 games against Chicago twice, Detroit, and Houston. None of those teams were in the playoffs.

Guess who this is.

(Here's a hint, he plays on a far superior D-line than Peppers and supposedly never takes plays off)

Yea, that's for a guy who play's DT, second he only plays around 60 - 65 percent of the snaps.
So that excuses Haynesworth's lack of production in those games? BTW...I don't think that Haynesworth wasn't productive in those games (anymore than I don't think Peppers wasn't productive in the games he mentioned) because teams sometimes don't run your way, or you may get double teamed more on those days...the point is every game is different and the situations during those games are different. The NFL isn't played in a vacuum where there aren't constantly changing variables.

Peppers didnt even seem all that great this year. He got some sacks but didnt make many wow plays as we have come to expect. There were alot of D-linemen that were better then him this year IMO. I dont call that being exposed I call that being unhappy.

Archived