• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Pig Farmer.....

AKPantherFan

I forget his name, but he was a hell of a SOLID backup at DT.

He should be better by now, and has had a lot of time to let his body heal.

I dont know if he is even a thought after being out of football for soo long, but he was the "hangman" of our DL a few years back.

Might be worth checking into?

Carstens!!!

Thats right..

If I remember he had some sort of irregular heartbeat??

It was said to a condition that was going to get better with time?

I know its a 5% deal, but the guy gave 100% when he was on the field, and was a good suprise on the field when he played.

Being we were so shallow at Tackle this season, it could be a CHEAP "tryout"/addition.

my dad still plays golf in charlotte with a guy named wattenburger (big orthopedic surgeon in charlotte for the Panthers) and this actually came up towards the end of last year. Carstens lost a tremendous amount of weight and would need another year to get back in play shape.

that was about four months ago though.

IIRC, Carstens actually started having complications with his kidneys or liver due to a blood clot that Ryan Vermillion had suspected because of symptoms he had. I thought they put him on blood thinners and subsequently he couldn't play for awhile, but I didn't think it was a career ending situation. From the article I remember reading around that time, I thought they were just happy that they found the clot before anything serious happened.

Archived