• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs. Dallas Mavericks

King Taharqa

vrspyp.gif

(2) Miami Heat (57-24)

STARTING 5

61.jpg

PG #0 Mike Bibby

6'2 195 lbs

Arizona '98

8.6 PPG 3.4 APG 2.5 RPG 46.3 3PT%

1987.jpg

SG #3 Dwayne "Flash" Wade

6'4 220 lbs

Marquette '03

25.6 PPG 4.5 APG 6.4 RPG 1.5 SPG 1.1 BPG 49.9 FG%

1966.jpg

SF #6 LeBron "King" James

6'8 260 lbs

St. Vincent-St. Mary HS '03 (Akron, OH)

26.6 PPG 7.4 RPG 7.0 APG 1.6 SPG 51.1 FG%

1977.jpg

PF #1 Chris Bosh

6'10 235 lbs

Georgia Tech '03

18.7 PPG 8.3 RPG 1.9 APG 81.5 FT%

3247.jpg

C #50 Joel Anthony

6'9 245 lbs

UNLV '07

2.0 PPG 3.5 RPG 1.2 BPG

BENCH

PG-Mario Chalmers

SG-Mike Miller

SF-James Jones

PF/C-Udonis Haslem

C-Jamaal Magloire

C-Erick Dampier

C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas

HEAD COACH

erik_spoelstra.jpg

Erik Spoelstra

335h7v6.gif

(3) Dallas Mavericks (57-25)

STARTING 5

429.jpg

PG #2 Jason Kidd

6'4 210 lbs

California '94

7.9 PPG 8.2 APG 4.4 RPG 1.7 SPG 34.0 3PT%

808.jpg

SG #92 DeShawn Stevenson

6'5 218 lbs

Washington Union HS '00 (Fresno, CA)

5.3 PPG 1.5 RPG 1.1 APG 37.8 3PT%

510.jpg

SF #0 Shawn Marion

6'7 228 lbs

UNLV '99

12.5 PPG 6.9 RPG 52.0 FG%

609.jpg

PF #41 Dirk Nowitzki

7'0 245 lbs

Germany '98

23.0 PPG 7.0 RPG 51.7 FG% 39.3 3PT% 89.2 FT%

984.jpg

C #6 Tyson Chandler

7'1 235 lbs

Dominguez HS '01 (Compton, CA)

10.1 PPG 9.4 RPG 1.1 BPG 65.4 FG%

BENCH

PG-Jose Juan Barea

SG-Jason Terry

SF-Peja Stojakovic

SF-Corey Brewer

PF-Brian Cardinal

C-Brendan Haywood

HEAD COACH

30010.jpg

Rick Carlisle

---------------------------------------

LeBron James has taken the Miami Heat back to the NBA Finals for the first time in 5 years. After everyone piled on the "NWO" early in the season and called King a "quitter" and "choke artist" they've run roughshed over the league this playoff. And James has established himself as the game's best clutch performer in 2011. This rematch of the '06 series will go the same way, except this time, LeBron will be the star of the show and not so much Wade. I like the Mavs and they have a very good team, but in the end outside of Dirk, they dont have a reliable 20 a night guy to counter LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Throw in Miami has homecourt and has faced better defenses than what the Mavs will present, I give this one 6 games. Get ready to hand the King his crown.

Mavericks will need to pour on the points to win. Don't imagine they'll have an answer for some of the Heat's weapons, but it won't matter if they can make it high scoring games and they play well down the stretch.

Interesting they'll be matched up again. Wade's not as good as he was then though and the Mavs should have an easier time in the paint. Hopefully the refs call the games fair, they prob won't though.

I was a huge Heat fan when the Hornets moved to NO. Really enjoyed the teams with Eddie Jones, Caron Butler, Wade, Odom, Grant, etc. The they got Shaq and I wasn't as interested in them then but still watched some of their games. After that they loaded the team up with thugs like Jason Williams and Antoine Walker so I absolutely loathed the team. Of course they win a championship as NBA history tends to show the team with the lowest amount of character will usually win it all.

These days they only have Wade and Haslem from those teams. Both excellent players in their own right. Haslem has come a long way.

Still I'd rather see the Mavs win. Jason Kidd has put a lot of work in without that championship and Dirk is playing prob the best ball of his career. In the grand scheme of things the Heat will likely win it next year. Hopefully the Mavs get it done.

Reminder, it's a 2-3-2 format. Some people think that favors the "lower seeded" team if they get 1 of 2 on the road to open the series. I am not sure it makes that much of a difference.

I'm torn and might be letting my heart make this decision but I say Dallas in 6.

I think Dirk and Kidd finally get their rings.

I dunno who's going to win. This will be a very close series and I think the Mavs bench will step up. I would rather see Dallas get a ring before LBJ, but i really don't have a horse in this race. I do see this series going the distance though. That's all I really want to see...a good series

Miamis weakest link is point guard and Kidd is washed up- they match up well with Dallas by going small and letting bron guard dirk- Shawn Marion could give Mike Miller or James Jones trouble, but in the end the Mavs are going to miss Butler.

Miami has no excuse now, they've played tremendous basketball as of late, if they continue to play as they have the Mavs don't stand a chance

Archived