• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My wife watches House Hunters. It only reminds me why Americans are always in debt.

Brokenbad

You should tell your clients if they are buying into a foreclosure neighborhood, one where there was/is numerous "foreclosures" and the value of the homes will keep going down for some time, and in some cases, hardly ever go up. You know the type I speak of. At least in Charlotte, there are a ton of places like that. Of course, some people won't care about that, maybe because like you said, they can't afford any better, but they should at least know what they are getting into. After all, they are not the ones with a MLS login that can run comps and check out the neighborhood. I suppose if you're just trying to make bank it would not be advantageous to tell them though.

Is it an opinion or fact.

You are getting confused on my job. It's not my job to sway folks from buying in particular neighborhoods, in fact it's against the law, I am to tell them the facts of the home, neighborhood, etc... Not if it's my opinion that the schools are bad, or if it's a low income neighborhood.

You do know that I can lose my Brokers license for some of those things right?

Most RE agents are very crooked, and will first and formost sell their listings, followed by their company listings....it gets them paid more. That's the reason that they just keep on showing you home after home many times after you have told them what you want. They aren't professional, they are tour guides.

I liten to my clients, and do exactly as they instruct me to do. I will not waste their time, nor mine showing them neighborhoods they don't want to live in, or homes too high or too low for their budget.

Yes, I am a salesperson, but just like I said earlier, I have never had an unhappy client. I can call every one of them on my cell right now, just like they can me.

Is it an opinion or fact.

You are getting confused on my job. It's not my job to sway folks from buying in particular neighborhoods, in fact it's against the law, I am to tell them the facts of the home, neighborhood, etc... Not if it's my opinion that the schools are bad, or if it's a low income neighborhood.

You do know that I can lose my Brokers license for some of those things right?

Most RE agents are very crooked, and will first and formost sell their listings, followed by their company listings....it gets them paid more. That's the reason that they just keep on showing you home after home many times after you have told them what you want. They aren't professional, they are tour guides.

I liten to my clients, and do exactly as they instruct me to do. I will not waste their time, nor mine showing them neighborhoods they don't want to live in, or homes too high or too low for their budget.

Yes, I am a salesperson, but just like I said earlier, I have never had an unhappy client. I can call every one of them on my cell right now, just like they can me.

I kinda agree with both of you. But right now there are so many foreclosures that banks are actually holding onto them and not releasing them for sale except for installments to try to prevent even worse depreciation than we are experiencing right now. The idea is that hopefully other houses will sell in some neighborhood at real market value in a traditional transaction to offset some of the value loss from the foreclosures in that neighborhood.

If you are aware of a neighborhood that has many pending foreclosures I would argue that it may be part of your fiduciary responsibility to make your client aware of what may happen to the value of the house.

What you are talking about when you say it is illegal is steering which is regarding fair housing and is about familial status, race, sex, handicap, color, religion, national origin. Not market trends.

Talk to your BIC or the NCREC because this is a little bit of a grey area.

Yeah you definitely can't tell them to not buy into a "black" neighborhood, or shouldn't at least. I'm just saying, I think they should know about foreclosures around them. I agree with the "home decor" things though.

It's mostly canadians on that show... so you really can't expect anything else.

you missed the part that said he couldn't afford it...which proves its not a Canadian!!! Canadians are buying poo up down yonder almost as fast as the Chinese

I kinda agree with both of you. But right now there are so many foreclosures that banks are actually holding onto them and not releasing them for sale except for installments to try to prevent even worse depreciation than we are experiencing right now. The idea is that hopefully other houses will sell in some neighborhood at real market value in a traditional transaction to offset some of the value loss from the foreclosures in that neighborhood.

If you are aware of a neighborhood that has many pending foreclosures I would argue that it may be part of your fiduciary responsibility to make your client aware of what may happen to the value of the house.

What you are talking about when you say it is illegal is steering which is regarding fair housing and is about familial status, race, sex, handicap, color, religion, national origin. Not market trends.

Talk to your BIC or the NCREC because this is a little bit of a grey area.

I don't think that you or Max listened to what I was saying.

I would never not tell a material fact, it's opinions that I think most brokers should STFU about.

Also, don't you think that you would have covered forclosures in the area when talking about budgets, market trends, and neighborhoods before you ever meet them, or show them the first home?

Archived