• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Favorite Stand-by Video Game

YourManInAmsterdam

What are some of those proverbial "desert island" video games for you? Ya know, the games you always feel like you can go back and play and have fun every time.

For me, I immediately think of Mario Kart Wii, especially if I have friends or family to play with. I even pop online and play for a little while every couple of months or so.

As far as single player, I can also always go back to Grand Theft Auto 3 for some reason.

Then, of course, there's always games like The Legend of Zelda and Metroid.

Sports: NBA 2K or Fifa

RPG: Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Action: Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil (just the original)

Shooters: Unreal or Unreal Tournament, Serious Sam (loved that game for some reason), Quake and Quake III (II wasn't bad but I lost many hours at the coffe shop by my house playing Quake with friends on LAN)....

There's some others I'm sure just can't really think of them atm....

san andreas, half-life 2, psychonauts, sim city games, age of wonders, UT2004

i've tried to go back and play ocarina of time and link to the past, stuff like that and i just can't get into them like i once did

which reminds me. i'm almost done with hl2 again and still need 2 rerun ep1 and 2

Archived