• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will was at the Whitewater Rafting event

Edward Teach

In this slideshow, I saw a picture of D-Will at the U.S. National Whitewater Center during the team's visit there.

With all of the reporters (and others) making sure to point out that 34 was not at the practices, I thought it was interesting that he was at this event.

If this is covered somewhere else, my apologies.

Link

In image number 6 you can see DWILL with his hat on and his Memphis shorts on.

I have done quite a bit of white-water rafting and the pictures reminded me a lot of my new scouts. Most of the time to make the raft move where you want to in the rapid, you have to continue to paddle through the rapid to go faster than the water is moving. You also have to be close to the edge of the raft in order to reach into the water to paddle.

Why did it remind me of my scouts? Most of the inexperienced and new scouts rarely paddle and lean toward the middle of the raft, more worried about not falling out then they are guiding the raft. If you look in the photos almost none of the Panther players are paddling and most are leaning toward the middle of the raft. Quite normal for guys not used to rafting of course.

I just found it interesting and funny.

I have done quite a bit of white-water rafting and the pictures reminded me a lot of my new scouts. Most of the time to make the raft move where you want to in the rapid, you have to continue to paddle through the rapid to go faster than the water is moving. You also have to be close to the edge of the raft in order to reach into the water to paddle.

Why did it remind me of my scouts? Most of the inexperienced and new scouts rarely paddle and lean toward the middle of the raft, more worried about not falling out then they are guiding the raft. If you look in the photos almost none of the Panther players are paddling and most are leaning toward the middle of the raft. Quite normal for guys not used to rafting of course.

I just found it interesting and funny.

Lol it was a team building thing, they weren't going to become eagle scouts.

Lol it was a team building thing, they weren't going to become eagle scouts.

Like I have 12 years old with more balls than NFL players afraid of the water. As for Eagle Scouts there are alot more of them than NFL players. Too many folks hold out dreams they are going to be a sports star which is 1 in a 100,000 opportunity at best where in my troop the chances of being an Eagle scout if you hang with it is about 1-4.

Like I have 12 years old with more balls than NFL players afraid of the water.

I'll bet you don't have any 12 y/o with a contract for a league minimum 300K.

I'd be afraid of getting a bruise too while my contract was suspended.

Lean in boys, lean in..

Like I have 12 years old with more balls than NFL players afraid of the water. As for Eagle Scouts there are alot more of them than NFL players. Too many folks hold out dreams they are going to be a sports star which is 1 in a 100,000 opportunity at best where in my troop the chances of being an Eagle scout if you hang with it is about 1-4.

What you can't really tell from that picture is that Jimmy's side of the raft is right up against the wall.

And like I said, they were going to have fun, not to earn a merit badge.

Archived