• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sweet tea is too sweet....

SorthNarolina

I remember my 1st job working at BoHangles... we put a pound of sugar into 1 container of sweet tea.. I don't know how much it holds, 5 gallons?

you shouldn't have to drink 100% sugar to be considered southern..

unless, southern = stupid..

I absolutely love sweet tea. Grew up on and it and use to drink it all the time. Now I only drink it occasionally but it is my drink of choice. Really sweet tea to the point where it taste syrupy is disgusting.

When I make about about 2 qts of sweet tea I put in between 1 1/4 - 1 1/3 cups of sugar. Just the way I like it. I prefer my sweet tea to any restaurants.

I make my tea ofr the most part, but occasionally have to deal with getting it elsewhere. Its always too sweet, I get it 1/2 sweet, 1/2 unsweet usually balances it out. I have mine down to 3/4 cup sugar for a 1/2gal. Its just right, not overly sweet at all. My wife, raised in the South, tells me its not sweet enough...

Moms used to make a gallon of sun tea and add in a lemonade frozen concentrate, now thats the stuff...

Archived