• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery?

Brokenbad

This thread is so silly... How bout a mod changes it to... Gettis or LaFell: who emerges as a better Wide Out this season?

That logic must be retarded though... Instead let's talk about two WR's that will play on Saturday in the coming year that we have no shot at drafting next year!

Let's not even mention that we are NOT interested in WR's at this point... Are you guys forgetting that we passed on Leonard Hankerson in the draft???? He will be a solid pro... Too bad he'll be in Washington...

Its times like these where I seriously consider going on a Huddle hiatus until this lockout is over.

forced to choose between the two i'd go with jeffery as the pick (not necessarily the preference).

• blackmon seems like a headcase and potential legal headache (not a big deal, but still there).
  • jeffery's bodytype looks like it fits more the type receiver used in turner's version of the coryell...big physical guy (tho blackmon is a pretty physical guy as well)
  • jeffery is a local guy and there is usually a preference for local products by this team.

all that said...flip a coin. i'll take either one of them if it turns out WR is the biggest need and they happen to be the best prospects after the 2011 season is played.

This thread is so silly... How bout a mod changes it to... Gettis or LaFell: who emerges as a better Wide Out this season?

That logic must be retarded though... Instead let's talk about two WR's that will play on Saturday in the coming year that we have no shot at drafting next year!

Let's not even mention that we are NOT interested in WR's at this point... Are you guys forgetting that we passed on Leonard Hankerson in the draft???? He will be a solid pro... Too bad he'll be in Washington...

Its times like these where I seriously consider going on a Huddle hiatus until this lockout is over.

As if that hasn't been discussed a hundred million times already dumbass.

I dare you to make that thread and see how bad you get flamed.

Maybe you should do us all a favor and make good on your threat of going on hiatus....permanantly.

Maybe you should do us all a favor and make good on your threat of going on hiatus....permanantly.

I've been hoping he would do so.

My vote is still Blackmon, I like a little extra speed on my WR, and he's not exactly little. I do agree that Jeffrey is probably more of the size/type of receiver that Chud would go for though.

I would definitely take Jeffrey, but our last three Gamecock picks haven't exactly panned out (yet). Brinkley was cut, Captain seems to be an eternal nickel package guy, and Norwood hasn't even gotten on the field. I was a huge Norwood fan in college and was big time excited when we drafted him. I am expecting big things from him this year.

I would definitely take Jeffrey, but our last three Gamecock picks haven't exactly panned out (yet). Brinkley was cut, Captain seems to be an eternal nickel package guy, and Norwood hasn't even gotten on the field. I was a huge Norwood fan in college and was big time excited when we drafted him. I am expecting big things from him this year.

I'd be more concerned if it were a big receiver from the OTHER USC!!!!!

Even at nearly 6-5 and 240 lbs, Alshon has elite top end speed. It is unfortunate that his size works against him when it comes to quickness. Which is the only area Blackmon has an advantage.

I love the fact that when Alshon catches the ball, it rarely touches his body. I suppose that is why he drops so few passes. His size, speed, and hands make him a must have. Unless BOTH Geddis and Lefell show they are quality WRs, we should think seriously about drafting Alshon.

No disrespect meant to Blackmon, or any other WR, but as stated before, he is a bad bad man. And GOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i think i'll wait for this season to get going before i start really considering what positions we will be needing the most (and to see who really sticks out in college).

way too early to tell who will be good in the draft or what we really need.

Anticipation is an unstoppable phenomenon, where logic is not accepted. So either join in, or suffer.

As if that hasn't been discussed a hundred million times already dumbass.

I dare you to make that thread and see how bad you get flamed.

Poor baby... Dud I hurt your feelings? Is that why you felt compelled to resort to name calling? GROW UP! I'd call you a name back but that would be dropping to your level, and with my luck I'd be the one to get infracted while u got off in the clear. So... I'll sit back and let you keep being childish because I called your thread exactly what it is... Silly!

I've made some pooty threads in my time here and I know it... And when somebody calls me on it... I give them pie. By doing what you did, you just showed how immature and uneducated you are. Name calling? Really? No debate?

Pro Tip: Earn your stripes on the Huddle before your overreact and act like a total douche to everybody who gives you some heat.

:yesnod:

I'm simply trying to help you. Don't wanna listen then fine, but you'll be signing yourself up for a one way ticket to Trollville, which is a rather difficult label to get repealed. Just ask Saltman.

Archived