• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Umm Am I Missing Something?

chknwing

Walter is just a football site, they do nba mock drafts as well. Its not gospel but they arent a bad site.

I agree that we need to see him play before talking about where he will go or even if he will come out.

I am super excited about the upcoming ACC season, being a UNC fan, and think we should have a great chance at going to the final four and possibly winning another title.

Yet, I always enjoy watching Duke and the other teams and seeing all the young freshman and whatnot.

I'm shocked!

Seriously, UNC should be the class of the ACC. All of the other powers had an exodus of talent and the ACC is going to be really weak this year. Combine that with the dodos at UNC deciding to come back for another season and you have a very dangerous and likely dominating team.

Great moves. GREAT MOVES. You cant put them all together like that because that's not the way they were put together. Wallace had to go. He's was not going to win us a ring. Neither was Jack. We were going to stay a 7th or 8th seed for a few years and then get really bad with a bunch of horrible contracts.

Cory Maggette was a very underrated pickup. He can avg. 20 ppg next year easily. He didnt have a great year last year but I think his situation wasnt too great. He can definitley take Jack's place. Not as a leader but production wise he can take Jack's place.

Bismack will be a good NBA player. He has all the tools he needs. Silas is going to help him alot. Look what he did with Kwame last year.....Bismack has 5 times the skills Kwame does.

We will be a bad team next year most likely, but sometimes you must take a step back to take 2 forward. You all should know that because it's what the Panthers did last year. They got the #1 pick.....What if these moves lead the Bobcats to get #1 and draft Harrison Barnes/Anthony Davis/Austin Rivers or one of the other top guys in this upcoming great draft class? We will be sitting pretty as one of the NBA's top young teams.

bobcats are at least making the moves now to reach a level beyond what they reached in 09/10. i'm not going to fault them for that.

wallace and jackson are now playing on teams that will be in the playoff hunt next season. so in that respect, they did right by those guys, as much as you can do so while still maintaining the "it's a business" mindset. they got reasonably fair value for wallace with 2 first rounders, 1 useless player and one marginally effective player with upside. they got solid value for jackson by using the difference between him and maggette (not humongous, but not negligible either) as the cost to turn the 19th pick into the 7th pick.

i have to say, in paying attention to the prospects in the weeks leading up to the draft, if you had told me a week before that the bobcats were going to get kemba and biyombo i would have rolled my eyes and thought you were in a fantasy land. one is a prospect who is raw but has as much potential as anyone in the draft. the other is as much of a proven commodity with NBA-ready skills and a good track record of winning, leading, and contributing to a team's success. really the best of both worlds.

it's hard for me to imagine, given where the bobcats were 3 months ago, a more solid string of decisions to get the team headed in the right direction.

Would not rule out Austin rivers if available.... Coming from a heel

Thank you! Somebody has seen the light. He is the most NBA ready prospect at this time and has yet to play a college game! look at his highlights against John Wall #1 overall NBA pick!

As Van Gundy said on draft night, it got us from being a mediocre team fighting over the 8 spot in the playoffs and having a mid 1st rd pick to becoming a "bad" team that will eventually get better.

As much as I loved Wallace and always will as a player - we are clearly in rebuiding mode and are building around PGs Augustin and Walker, SG Henderson, and PFs Thomas and Biyombo. A lot of cap is coming off in 2 years and we will have top 5 picks most likely the next 2 years and in time, this team will be a threat.

If we stuck with Wallace and Jackson, that wouldnt be the case.

This.

Unfortunately, most of the fan base is impatient..

This.

Unfortunately, most of the fan base is impatient..

I think most people understand what is happening, and know it is necessary. However, those of you thinking we are freeing up cash to go after CP3 or Howard are going to be disappointed. We are freeing up Cap space because MJ doesn't want to spend money if we aren't going to win. Why would a proven top 10 player come to Charlotte when they can get paid just as much somewhere else and have a better chance to win?

We have to hit rock bottom before we get better, and rock bottom is a top 3 pick and the chance at a superstar in the draft. This is the only way that small market teams have a chance at sustained success. Trading veterans for future assests is our best chance to reach that goal. No vet on our team is safe, including DJ.

I think most people understand what is happening, and know it is necessary. However, those of you thinking we are freeing up cash to go after CP3 or Howard are going to be disappointed. We are freeing up Cap space because MJ doesn't want to spend money if we aren't going to win. Why would a proven top 10 player come to Charlotte when they can get paid just as much somewhere else and have a better chance to win?

We have to hit rock bottom before we get better, and rock bottom is a top 3 pick and the chance at a superstar in the draft. This is the only way that small market teams have a chance at sustained success. Trading veterans for future assests is our best chance to reach that goal. No vet on our team is safe, including DJ.

Somebody gets it.

Also, not to bring up an old arguement, but I just saw this:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

An NBA scout gushing over UNC's Harrison Barnes battling KDurant at Chicago camp last night. "Top pick in the next draft -- by far," he says

Archived