• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you used one of these?

Darth Biscuit

Seriously... this was mostly a joke, I didn't figure you young peeps would have even seen these...

I used them mainly on my Commodore 64 WAY back in the day... like 1984.

Yes, mine looked just like this, except I hooked it to an old TV instead of a monitor.

C64combo.jpg

We used 3.5" floppies at work until probably 1998 when we installed our first LAN and started copying backups across the network.... after that we only used them for boot stuff until they essentially became obsolete in the early 2000's.

Depends on your idea of "young". We had a lab full of these when I was in elementary and this was what I learned to type on. Also used them to do the silly math programs they had. Crazy keyboards.

Depends on your idea of "young". We had a lab full of these when I was in elementary and this was what I learned to type on. Also used them to do the silly math programs they had. Crazy keyboards.

Yeah, you qualify as "young" for sure... :p

I guess schools kept this old crap around longer... my 64 was in mothballs by the time you were in elementary school.

My elementary school (k-8) had three whole computer labs of Apple II's when I went there. I started kindergarten in 1988. I remember we were all excited when we got color monitors my 5th grade year. They upgraded the school with brand new dells my 8th grade year but they weren't ready for us, the class below us got to use them.

Not only have I used them but I was in the first class to use them at Clear Creek Elementary in 1988. The teacher was SOOOO paranoid of anyone touching the film with their fingers she was militant about it. About halfway through her frantic rant about not touching them she decided that I had touched it and went apeshit on me. I was so freaked out I burst into tears right on the spot.

I know none of you youngin's has used one of THESE!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh3iee2kmPU6M8NqHnvu_-qfT3VD3mMds0VHuJ3AS7CXi0Ecv3&t=1

Pfft, I have. Wait, does that mean I'm old?

I remember inputting lines and lines of code into a Tandy just to see a crappy firework explode. Fun times. Pitfall was awesome though.

Archived