• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins sign 3rd free agent

slumdogmillionaire

According to the NFL Network the Redskins have signed OG Derrick Dockery to a 5 yr 26.5 million contract with 8.5 million guaranteed. People can make fun of Snyder and the Skins all they want but somehow they find the cap room other teams don't. Every year people think they are strapped for cash and cap room and then they still sign all kinds of free agents. The media pundits were saying if they signed Haynesworth there's no way they can sign Hall or get an offensive lineman....well they did all of the above. I love an owner that will find every way possible to improve the team (even though it doesn't work) instead of one that sits on his cash.

I love an owner that will find every way possible to improve the team (even though it doesn't work) instead of one that sits on his cash.

Spend no money or spend money foolishly?

I don't know that there's a huge difference between those two. Tends to get the same result, although I suppose scenario two lends some excitement to the offseason.

(just doesn't do much for the postseason)

Friday night the Skins only had 8.1 million and I haven't heard of any cuts or restructures or extentions. Seriously, how can they have signed Haynesworth? 7 years 100 million roughly 14.286 a year doesn't even fit under their cap space let alone the Hall and Dockery contracts. Maybe I'm being too sceptical here but I'm not buying this at all, something isn't adding up....

Archived